hobbit mettra soft seizing!???!

my hobbit soft seizd on me 3 times it still runs fin but i sucks that i cant ride much more then 20 mintus with out having a problem it its jetted to 92 with a uni filter any suggestions?

Re: hobbit mettra soft seizing!???!

are you sure its a seize?

What is it doing exactly to make you think its soft seizing.

What carb are you running?

plug chop.

Hobbits are notorious for fuel flow issues. Clean your carb a few times and run a feul filter first. If you run outta gas your gonna sieze.

Then if you are sure you get good flow all the time, next step is check for air leaks at your pipe.

Then if this is still happening next thing I would suggest is something Ben from WestCoast Mopeds told me about the Hobbit Metra rings. They tend to be a tad bit off. He said to sand down the area on the dyke ring where they meet/close together. He said they dont close all the way and need to be saned a bit to close properly.

I second that, i have a very non stock setup and I the fuel flow is is my #1 problem (crappy petcock? Fuel line too long/horizontal?).

I just keep it topped off all of the time.

it was an air leak... tesed with carb cleaner and then took the head off and saw where the carbon was blown to the one side and the head gasket was messed up. Any one know if you need a 70cc head gasket for a kited bike the hole in the metra one is bigger then the stock gasket so id figure you need one like that..right? lickly theres only minor (you can hardly feel them only really see them) scratches in the cylinder and if i hand crank the mag every thing is really smooth so i thing i avoided any horrible damage.

Take at look at the pic I am trying to get these in a bulk order I havent gotten a price just pic of items they sell. check out the pic its a 13.13mm for the honda as the factory is 11mm? thanks, ed

1210115263_hondap50cccarb.jpg

Raymond Rexroad /

Your measurements are for what? The venturi size for a PA50I is 10mm and is 12mm for a PA50II.

The carb "throat size" is close to 15mm for both.

Be careful - know what you are buying before you buy!

i second that no Chinese carb for me ill go all out and get the malossi when the cash comes.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account