carburetor spring

How far does the spring go when it flies out of the carb? I can't find mine after it sprang out. Has anyone ever done a test to see what the radius is of the distance that darned thing can go?

Re: carburetor spring

hahahahahaha

far. you're fucked.

I have actually tested the theory of carb spring launch, based on the data available I came up with an average of 6 feet 7 inches from the point of launch. The unfortunate part, there is no may to determine the point of origin after the bounce without calculating wind, slope, surface material and degree of landing. Therefore I must agree with the previous statement that you my friend are indeed fucked!

carburetor spring

How many HP is the motor. The larger the HP, the larger the spring.

Which spring? I replaced a lost one with one out of a Bic pen.

the average radius, I find, is generally the distance between your house and the closest hardware store. Thats the first place I check. Its funny, not only do I find mine there, but like everybody else's who lost their's too! all different shapes and sizes!

it's a 2HP. so when looking for one online, how do i know the mm?

find the dirtyest part of your floor, thats where all the small delicate parts end up when you drop them.

the spring went out the garage door and into the flower bed, which is about 2 feet higher than the garage floor. looked there many times but finally found the spring this morning in plain sight! went about 12 feet. i practically turned the garage upside down last night.

The trajectory usually points towards the darkest corner, probably someplace dirty, nasty and lots of spiderwebs.

ok, i found the spring, reassembled everything and now it won't start at all! i've done all the obvious things. please help! thanks.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account