Re: Can you actually make a garelli fast ?

WOW.. long time no see.. there :) How are we doing? Well they look kool.. but would cool some wouldn't you think? Whats the word on the streets about the exhaust for v3's? Thanks ed Email me you have it.

Fede Berkelaar /

Hi ed,

the noi cylinder has the fins directed so the air from the front cools the engine.

If you put the fan, the air won't be able to pass from right to left and most probably make no difference, and the fan will consume you 1/10 HP or so anyway.

I have always wondered why these reed valve cylinders didn't fit pre-1985 engines, it's just the transfers position?

About the V3 / V1 pipes, they are making custom pipes nowadays but they are struggling to compete to chinese 110 cc 4 stroke crap, and almost nobody buys 50 cc mopeds anymore snif snif

No wonder they want me to order 12/ 1 dozen at a time..

eheh... what you think about this pipe?

1210038499_cod074cromo.jpg

Those clutch bands about are NOT for a normal NOI single speed, but a 2-speed VIP (and yes there is an NOI 2-speed that could use them too.) If you are ordering any please let me know. I am curious what they are made out of and the price. There were some performace ones made @ one time, but I thought they were all made out of some red Polyurethane mixture.

Mopagen, I thought the clutch rubbers were for the NOI. My cylinder is out of round and I may bore it out to fit a larger piston. Are those Polini kits going for about $165?

Fede Berkelaar /

That pipe is sweet, if I'm not wrong hand made by bennasar

Check out their website:

http://www.bennasarracing.com.ar/bennasar/competicion.html

None of the reedvalve cylinder down there fit, only 1985 and after garellis from what I read on here. I will be in touch when I got to make a order of what people what still waiting on basensser to get back on the prices.

I need a fan kit. Where can I get one? Special project, not stock jug, need a fan.

Steve, I may have a NOI rubber kicking around, wing me an email and I'll have a look.

just hang in there its going to be atleast 2 weeks. I think I dont know its a big order.

thanks for the mention alex. yeah ive been hitting just under 50 with 21mm carb, polini kit, 2 speed vip, and a stock batavus pipe i custom fitted. garellis are fast. im bout to port it up, do some gearing - pretty sure i can hit 60... the only downfall is the godamn clutch. im about to retire my garelli for this reason....BUTTT im looking into machining a clutch set-up from a minarelli or puch for it. i know the bell sizes are pretty close for garelli and puch....

the polini kits are 46mm bore by the way (pretty big)... 80cc metrakits are 47mm. keep that in mind

Puch and Garelli strokes are different. 47mm gives you 75 and some change on a puch, but 46mm only gives you 64.8cc out of Garelli's 39mm stroke.

did you gut that Bat pipe? pics?

no. i didnt. it just has a huge header. ill post a pic soon

rob i will have a small order of garelli stuff soon.. here is the parts you speak of. i order only one set of red ones. 1 set of black.. check it out.

1211257558_untitled.jpg

holy crap...they still make them.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account