Vespa Si with Simonini kit 90cc, cdi ?'s

I just ordered the simonini kit for my bike (new cylinder, head piston 90cc's, the case inducted reed valve and a 21mm carb. Also I got the Simo Pipe. It's huge. I recently bought a used kinetic engine that I plan on using in case the motor seizes. It has a cdi too. So, I want to know what kind of lights should I use to replace my current bulbs. The cdi setup is 12v verse my current 6v setup. My bro says I'll need to get a voltage regulator as well. Do I need a "performance cdi?" or will the stock kinetic work fine... My tail lamps use a 4w and 6w bulb. What should I use withe the 12v cdi setup. I appreciate and all feedback.

Andy

Re: Vespa Si with Simonini kit 90cc, cdi ?'s

jesusssss. thats a huge kit.

70+ mph?

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

with the stock gears in the rear wheel, high 50mph tops

i've heard the kinetic cdi doesn't like to idle very well, but was ok otherwise.

also, i am confused by your parts list, did you get the whole crank case? or just the intake half? because you'll need the whole crank case, as the simo 90 uses 4 head bolts rather than 3

Oh... well I just got the thing and it uses 3... it is a simo...90? Did yo mean that the Kinetic engine has 4? I haven't pulled it apart yet, but I am fairly sure it is also 3...

1209155304_photo.jpg

kinetic`s all have 3

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

hmm, i must be thinking of a different simo vespa kit. nevermind!

Why would "the motor sieze"? If anything, the cylinder is what's going to sieze and having a spare motor aint gonna help you.

that thing is not 90ccs looks like 75 tops!!!

what is the diameter of that cylinder?

i bought it from treats. 90cc simo kit.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account