PHBG club, i'm a member now!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=140219545889

woot, i decided after seeing this phbg at a decent price to throw in the towel on the SHD 19mm we got with the seized choke rod. i'll put it up for sale as is to recoupe some of the PHBG money spent.

still going back to 50cc's for the summer, once i'm in my tig class this fall i'll make the intake for the 19mm carb and probably rig up the biturbo we bought a while ago as well. then the 75cc's can breathe and scream right along this fall or next spring.

till then i need to get the 50cc bored/honed to remove a couple gouges it has and machine the upper lip tru and flat and a little shorter. im shooting for 210-230psi compression to give the little cylinder some bigtime haul ass down low. anyone ever ran a Minarelli V1 with 15:1 compression? i know at 185-190psi that thing has some nice big balls off the line and ran its heart out right until the exhaust choked it back and held it at 35.

i just wish i were able to tig up the intake NOW and not have to put it off till later, same for the exhaust.

i also need to see what the hell is up with the coil i ordered, its been on 'processing' for a week and they never replied to my email.

/end of ranting.

Re: PHBG club, i'm a member now!

fish_SHARK /

15:1 uh

yea, around there ish, maybe closer to high 13 or low 14. it depends how much has to come off to make it parallel and true. it was about 13:1 with it how we had it before tossing on the polini kit. at 13:1 it had good power, i had to take about 1.1mm off the top of the cylinder to get it to that point, we were actually able to lower the idle speed some due to the increased torque. off the line it went form a snotty sounding buzz to a loud crisp buzz :p

If you increase your compression that much, you will most likely have to switch it over to CDI, or else your engine will literally blow out the spark like a candle on a birthday cake. Still, not a bad thing and it would really rip!

well i'm getting a 6v coil for a Porsche specifically for the higher compression. if what i've read is correct it should provide about double the firing voltage which should allow me to keep the plug gap and not blow out the spark.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

my motobecane proma kit had 15:1, cdi, and i ran into heat/post-ignition (it would run for a few seconds after i hit the kill switch) problems.

it also stripped my kickstarter!

nice job kid...

ick. you were running 93 octane of course? what plug?

the 13:1 ran without any issues at all, better than it ran stock! im hoping i dont have to shave ALOT off to make it true.

i do what i can for her ped, still need to get a new chain and new back wheel/sprocket. her shit is crooked a little lol which is dangerous at higher speeds. i can never get ahold of warbux or when i can i can never get an answer about the wheel they had ordered for me. i'll have to look elsewhere.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

91 octane in cali.

yeah. and b8hs plug.

im not too familiar with the motobecane, is it fan cooled or strictly passively cooled? the V1 has a fan which blows air through the cylinder fins while its running to keep it cooled. we shaved the fan down some, but it still blows more than enough air to keep the 75cc kit cool.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account