103 SP, head milling?

Brendan Chenelle /

I have a peugeot 103 SP U3. I also have access to a machine shop at school, and the know how to use it.

Just throwing this out there... Should I mill the stock head? If so, by how much?

Thanks

-Brendan

Re: 103 SP, head milling?

Try .03" then test and you can always whittle it down in .010" increments thereafter.

I wouldn't mill it. There are lots of other things you can do to make your bike faster, and increasing compression will be okay for now but can cause problems later if you start doing stuff like getting an expansion chamber, etc.

I've been looking for 103 information and the one site that was recommended over and over is now blank. Supposedly it had port maps, easy clean up tips etc, but it is no more.

Anyone got a re-list of basics?

Brendan Chenelle /

That would be something I would be interested in as well. I just got this ped and have no ideas on the specific problem areas that I can address.

Starting with a puch magneto coil and external secondary coil will be a good start

Brendan Chenelle /

Really now. What is the benefit of doing this?

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

no ignition coil failures

Brendan Chenelle /

Ah. I assume that is a Peugeot thing.

I really have no experience with these bikes, so it's always nice to hear about problem areas.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account