garelli kits?

another eric /

i just got done choppin' up my 77' garelli gran sport and would love some advice on what kind of kits to put on it. i have absolutely no clue. i'm willing to replace pretty much everything from carb, exhaust, cylinder, clutch, what eva.

if you have any info or experience please help a honky in need. right now the bike is soooo underpowered and i'd really like to get to a fun speed.

Re: garelli kits?

There are two kits available for a garelli NOI engine.

Polini 70cc (actually its 65cc) and Malossi's Reedvalve Kit.

Both are fairly hard to find.

You will need to contact Angelo in Italy to a kit. Will be on the expensive side due to shipping. He is badass though.

For a pipe, you are definitely better of buying a nice puch pipe and having it cut and welded to fit your ped.

In terms of carbs, most prefer dellorto SHA 16.16 for simplicity for like a 19 PHBG for max performance. Although tuning it will be a little bit harder if you don't have any experience.

Just make sure your bike as stock is ready to handle the extra power (bearings and crankcase is all good).

another eric /

thank you very much for your help. how do i get a hold of Angelo?

Well I would use Angelo as a last resort. I don't know his email off the top of my head.

Post up in the BST section asking if anyone got any kits laying around.

fish_SHARK /

Angelo - cybershop@libero.it

all the noi bearings are easy to get, seals to. rebuild it if you're gonna kit. some people had polinis awhile back, more might be coming through.

i think 1977 had them for awhile, might want to ask them.

another Eric /

thank you all very much for this information.

another Eric /

alright i finally got a Garelli Polini 70cc Kit. still waiting on a carb. while i was waiting/looking, i was going to go over the the rest of my bike. my stock parts seem to be in pretty good shape. do i need to get new clutch parts, can the stock ones hold up?

another Eric /

good link Martin.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account