need help finding a rare kit!

so I have an NVT Easy Rider. "What the hell is that?" well it's from england (I think) and it has a Motori Franco Morini engine (no not a Minarelli). I found a kit for it a few months ago after weeks of research but it was in Italy and shipping alone was over $100. Now it's gone and I don't know if any exist anywhere. This is the kit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=230168219708&_trksid=p3984.cWAT.m240.lVI

so any help would be greatly appreciated. I just want my moped to have some kick so I can keep up with traffic. Currently I go around 25-30mph. I installed a Homoet 4p and a slightly larger intake manifold. Everyone says I should just get a different engine or moped altogether. I'm kind of attached though, maybe a different motor is ok though but I don't know where to get one that would fit. Thanks.

Re: need help finding a rare kit!

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

put a minarelli on it and be fast!

where can I get one? Do you know how much they go for?

The NVT moped was available as a one speed or two speed.

Why not just try to get a whole two speed engine?

Anyway, a NVT unit is very rare in the states so you will probably have t get everything from either England or Italy.

if you don't end up finding anything in the states, a guy named Angelo in Italy can get you a kit. he's reasonable, unlike our exchange rate, so it'll probably cost you.

let me know, i can give you his email.

this is all getting very frustrating. It seems like getting a kit and getting it installed will probably cost me almost as much as another moped. But then I'd want a kit on that one because my goal is just to go faster. I don't know but I'm guessing getting another engine will be pricey too. I'm tight on cash but I need to make this happen some how so I can get to work faster. any ideas?

Porting and a larger intake and carb. you will go a lot faster. Try Jaap's Puch Calculator . I don't know if you want to risk screwing up (probably not), but you could go a lot faster.

Eric

Justin, the best part of your ped is the tool kit storage box on the back! LOL

-Curly

that's my "trunk". It's a suitcase I attached using some stuff I got at home depot. it's great, it's locked on my moped so when I want to take it with me I just unlock it.

need help finding a rare kit!

The Ebay kit was a Polini. Find a Polini dealer and see if they are still available. That kit was my first kit way back 4 years ago. I got mine from Moped Warehouse or whatever name it claims these days. Excellent kit.

they stopped making them a while ago. I'll check though. Angelo contacted me about it but I don't know how much he wants for it. Does anyone know if I'll need a bigger carb? I have a delorto 14.12, maybe I'll get a 15.15. I'm still kinda new to the whole moped thing so I dare ask... what's porting? and is it expensive?i s it worth the risk? my mopeds pretty old (1976) but well taken care of. do you think the kit will make the engine explode? The odometer says I have about 2100 miles on it.

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

holler at Quarterkick.com. those guys have some tight ties and can get some sick stuff for very reasonable. They dont have their entire inventory up on the site yet so an email may serve you well.

If you have to ask what porting is I wouldn't recommend doing it. Porting is raising or lowing the intake, and exhaust ports in the cylinder by adding/removing base gaskets and/or grindind away miniscule portions of metal from the ports. It should caust you nothing (except for files or a dremel). Some people on here are in the 50/50 club which means that they are going 50mph on a 50cc moped! If you ask me, that is amazing. Most of these people can achieve these speeds with a combination of gearing, a different pipe, a larger carb and major porting. You should check out the Two-stroke Tuner's Handbook: by Gordon Jennings

thanks I will check it out. I was thinking about asking about the whole porting thing at my local moped shop, it'll probably cost an arm and a leg so I won't get it done. I'm pretty handy but I don't think I can find out how to do it right without some major guidance. maybe just the kit and bigger carb will do for now. In the future I'll look into gearing. If anyone knows of a thorough "how to" guide on porting that would be great. I tried Quarterkick a while ago and I think either I couldn't get a hold of them or they couldn't help me out. I'll try again.

I just found out about all the registration, license, and insurance crap I need to do for my moped so I need to get on that stuff too.

I know he doesn't have anything listed, but have you asked Benji from treatshq? I hear he is great at getting rare parts. From where... I have no idea.

I just sent him a message. I just found out that someone took my original owners manual for my moped WTF?

Benji said he's getting a bunch of stuff in a few weeks and he might have it but he's not sure. I might have scared Angelo off cause he's not emailing me back does anyone know him or how to get a hold of him?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account