my newly scored sachs with a 505 is behaving funky. am i running too rich, and need to down-jet?
here's what i know:
1) after maybe ~1-2 minutes at full throttle, i lose power, i.e. it's like i've totally backed off the gas, even though my hand has not moved. if i'm running at half throttle, maybe 15-20 mph, it seems to do ok
2) it's stalling at full stop, sometimes hard to restart, and keep idling - idle screw hasn't been checked yet
3) noticed a little pool of gas forming at the bottom of the carb/top of the case, carb is a bing from a puch (probably not related? but it certainly ain't a good sign)
4) there is basically no air filter on it, just a piece 3-4 inch tubing clamped on the carb - no screen, paper filter, pantyhose, no nothin', etc.
5) exhaust is a biturbo
6) i don't know what jet is on it right now (i just bought the moped) but former owner says it's around a #80 or #74
7) seems to have good compression
8) haven't checked the plug yet.
any help would be appreciated.
thank you, my babies.