morini m1 reed replacement

The reeds on my M1 look pretty shitty and are open all the time so I want to replace the reeds. They are not, however, installed with screws but studs. How would I go about removing the studs and reeds without damaging the reed cage and what kind of material to replace it with? Thanks.

1206164895_hpim1082.jpg

Re: morini m1 reed replacement

Your MO1 has perfectly normal reeds, mine look the same. Also look on moped junkyard they look that way as well. Pertty sure yours are just fine.

It's normal for reeds to be always open? I thought they were a kind of valve that we supposed to open only when the piston was moving...

those things that are open are the reed stops.

Oh I know those are reed stops I'm talking about the reeds themselves aren't they supposed to be tight against the reed cage in a resting state. I can quite clearly see through the reed opening on this one.

whoops..hah. yeah they're supposed to be tight. you can drill out those rivets, tap the holes and replace them with small screws. check a cycle shop or honda/yamaha dealer or whatever and see if they can hook you up with a sheet of carbon fiber or fiberglass or whatever of a similar thickness, or order you some so you can make new reeds.

Alright sounds good thank you for the help.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account