Ditching Gurtner... what to buy?

I'm running a 1978 Peugeot 103LS. I've been messing with jets to get the right mixture and most power but I give up. I need to downjet more but if I do (to a #50) I'll lose a ton of power and still only go about 27-30. That won't do. I guess it's time to ditch some stock stuff.

Figured I might want to ditch the carb, intake and reed set. But what should I replace it with?

Intake: treatshq has this , which was recommended to me by a dude in sac.

Myron in Fullerton recommended a Tomos reed-valve, will this one work?

As for the carb, what size is recommended? Treats recommends sha 14-16. I've heard others say 15-15.

thanks in advance!

Ditching Gurtner... what to buy?

damn links.... this is what I wanted to say:

I'm running a 1978 Peugeot 103LS. I've been messing with jets to get the right mixture and most power but I give up. I need to downjet more but if I do (to a #50) I'll lose a ton of power and still only go about 27-30. That won't do. Besides, I don't think I can even find a #50 anyways. In case y'all didn't know (I found out today) the 103LS was the governed model for square states with 20-25mph laws. I guess it's time to ditch some stock stuff. I want to get going 30-35 at least so as to feel safe riding around in traffic.

Figured I might want to ditch the carb, intake and reed set. But what should I replace it with?

Intake: treatshq has an 18-21, I need a sloping intake to fit the dellorto under the frame. Is that the right size?

As for the carb, what size is recommended? Treats recommends sha 14-16. I've heard others say 15-15. I'd like to retain 80 or so miles per gallon.

Myron in Fullerton recommended a Tomos reed-valve, will a Tomos a35 reed valve (as seen on 1977mopeds) work?

thanks in advance!

Re: Ditching Gurtner... what to buy?

tomos reedvalve would work, so would the tomos intake, or the treats intake with tomos reedvalve. the 2 petal that comes with the polini puch kit would also work, a lot of people ditch them to put on 4 petal malossi boxes.

Fuck it, I got the intake from treats and the dellorto sha 15.15 cable choke from dellorto direct.

Should I bother with a tomos reed valve?

yea tomos or polini reeds help. Gutting out your exhaust is good too if you haven't done that.

I've de-restricted the exhaust, but it just made it louder... doesn't go much faster.

There is a cheap mini expansion pipe on 50cc nl for 20 euros. I have one and it works amazingly good. No installation problems

can you tell me which one it is? I'd really dig an expansion pipe.

I'm guessing he is talking about part no. 19387 at 50cc. Just remember that you do get what you pay for.

Yea the stinger on this pipe seemed a bit small for high RPM so I drilled a bleed off hole in the pipe

One more thing....

Peugeot throttle and choke cables are bare at the tip. They attach to the carb with little metal clamps that have a hole in them. You threat the cable through the hole and tighten the screw on the side of the tiny clamp. They don't have the bullet end tip like most carbs that connect via a dellorto. does that mean I need to re-cable my throttle and choke for the Dellorto?

yes, unless you can find an extremely small cable stop sometimes called a "narp"

Will this cable work for both clutch and throttle?

http://www.mopedshop.com/Throttle-Cable-p/1837.htm

Ur probably gonna need a larger end for your clutch. Take it apart and look

Hey, for a 103? There is no manual clutch actuation

Sorry sorry, I meant Choke, not clutch

The puch throttle cables will work, thanks treats!

Want to sell your gurtner?

I do, but not until I get my new dellorto from 1977mopeds/dellorto direct (who knows when). e-mail me akpasta@gmail.com make an offer.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account