Hey you Malossi Garelli reed kit owners out there

I've run into the problem, of these wrist pin bearings being too short, ie there is too much slop (5mm) worth between the bearing and the piston, what did you guys do about this, or where you even aware of it, are you worried? Lets all come up with a solution, maybe if I find some wider needle bearings I can order like 5 or 6 so we all can get them, maybe even save $

Re: Hey you Malossi Garelli reed kit owners out th

hmm that is interesting, i haven't gotten to that part yet. it seems like it would be a problem, perhaps i'll just turn up a couple of aluminum spacers or something.

getting a wider bearing might be the easiest solution

omg.....i really want to know the results coming out of these kits.

If I hadn't bought a polini the week before, one of those would've been MINE.

Spacers scare me. Too much FAIL. We need to find double wide needle bearings.

why would the spacers be a problem?

two little rings of aluminum to slide in next to the bearing, seems like it would take care of it.

i noticed when i got the kit there was a whole product line of malossi stuff for the NOI engines back in '94... maybe they had a wider bearing or you were supposed to use a different crank or something. from my experience with malossi stuff i doubt they would overlook something so major on a part destined to be installed mostly by 16 year old euro kids. everything else on the kit has been going together so smooth its scary.

count me in on finding a solution

This weekend I'm going to see what I can do to find a bearing supply store around here. I'll find out what they can get.

if you guys find anything, let me know...

but honestly, i've been running the kit just fine without a wider bearing. and at least one other guy in the city has been running it. once the piston is in the cylinder, i wouldn't think the side to side would come into play much.

but i dunno.

Hey you Malossi Garelli reed kit owners out there

I have spacers in all of my top ends, no problems. I don't like piston side to side slop....

and this kit rips by the way. just wait.

watch your gearing or you'll get 0-35 in like... whoa!

amazing. i'm still breaking it in, so i haven't even had a chance to go wide open.

but from what i've been told, it outperforms polini'd bikes no problem. and i believe it. the ports on these malossi's are legit. that and the 4 petal. sick.

what do you make your spacers out of, steel or aluminum, i think i'm gonna result to spacers because even if i get a wider bearing, the crank will still have all that room for vibrating and what not.

I just pressed the brass bushing out of a stock crank and cut it to length.

did you do some port matching, and i cant wait to get mine going, its got some little bonuses added to it ;-)

any cdi on a noi engine knowledge out there?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account