a35, can't achieve higher rpms

technigas, 16mm intake and carb, 27 front tooth, milled head, ported cylinder and case.

so the exhaust port is raised 3mm's from stock. I'm going a solid 39, with crazy low end.

so we got an extra cylinder to experiment with, opened up all of the ports a little wider than what I have on original cylinder, and raised the exhaust port 7mm from stock.

same results.

same rpms as before. is anyone breaking 40 on a stock cylinder? maybe need a higher rpm pipe? let's talk shall we?

Re: a35, can't achieve higher rpms

Your shit just sucks! who did your port work?

Did you also lower the intake port? You shouldn't raise an exhaust port by such a degree unless you intend on also lowering your intake port, remember that timing is everything. Also, raising CR's tends to limit rpm, you want lower than stock CR's for higher rpm's.

my original cylinder is ported, and it took it from about 35mph to 39, and with some extra low end to spare. so obviously it got ported correctly we had an extra cylinder and went crazy with it, thinking that we're going to achieve more high end, and more rpms, but that was not the case. So the porting is correct. oh, and devin, some dumbass from (of all places) elkhart IN. I think that guy doesn't know shit about mopeds.

have u widend the transfers

To be honest, all that work for 39mph is really unnecessary. A slap-on biturbo pipe (yes it's crappy I know) and filter will produce 40mph on an A35.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

estoril + 27-22 gearing = 36 mph on an a35 with a 230 lb man on it.

All relative I guess, I was 182lb's at the time and the low-end wasn't all that great with stock gearing.

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

46mph with opening the exhaust port (window is stock, just took out some of that hump in there) and cleaned up transfers, milled head, 15carb and intake and techno circuit pipe. and that's on a heavy magnum frame.

you're doing it wrong.

Dallas, if only these people knew how fast your bike is accelerating up to 39MPH then there would not be any doubt of it was done right. Get a stock head and that will help on raising the RPMs. Maybe one day I will be good at mopeds.

make a video

yup video would be kool

Doesnt raising the exhaust port lower the compression?

those technigas are torquey pipes aren't they? Plus that seems like low gearing.

I dont know if you've already gone to the stiffer reeds or not, but that can pull up the top end.

graham I have the stiffer dual stage boyesen reeds. the technigas is torquey, that may be part of the problem. I'm waiting for the homoet 6p to get back in treats. I'll try the stock head, and a higher rpm pipe.

I was at 36 before it was ported. then bigger carb, intake, port work and milled head, and I'm tearing up to 39. (i'm not a pro, but devin who makes his living and pays his bills by building and tuning mopeds is, so I'm confident that shit aint wrong)

We took an extra cylinder (to reiterate) and tried experimenting, and got no further results. I made this thread to see if anyone else had some good ideas on how to get the rpm's higher.

the stock engine with all the parts you have except the port work should have gottan you to 40. if you ask me your ports are probibly to big for the displacement of the a35. if your ports are to big you loose velocity which equals a loss of power. i bet an untouched stock cylinder would give you the same performance if not a lil more then what you are currently seeing.

loss of power all the way around or just cause it to not rev past a certain point. because this setup now, not only beats, but smokes most kitted bikes off of the line until I've reached my top speed,

all in your pipe dude. get something higher flow and the rpm's will come. assuming your port isn't an over grown monstrosity. maybe play some gearing as well.

I'd say gearing would do a lot... put a bigger sprocket on the rear, and spend some of that unused torque to get more top-speed.

My buddy's got an a55 tomos... zero port work, plus a polini air-cleaner, upjet, and bigger sprocket put him at a solid solid 39mph...

:D

zach, yeah, I'm trying to allocate a homoet 6p. What are some other high rev pipes out there? I know there really isn't much for tomos in that respecet, or maybe there is? I'm not the pro. I planned on welding a biturbo header to the homoet chamber.

i have a safe cylinder that is not an overgrown monstrosity. and i have a cylinder that may or may not be busted, so I'm good in that respect.

I'm going to play with the timing of my cdi. Seriously thanks dudes for throwing out yr ideas, mopeds are fun to figure out.

casey a bigger rear sprocket would give him even more torque. drop a couple teeth in the rear or add a couple teeth to the front sprocket. also the tecno estroil is prob the best performance pipe for the a35

That Tomos does really rip out of the hole, it's like a mad machine!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account