best carb for 50v w/70cc airsal kit

So I decided to build my first moby, although probably not the best Idea, i decided to go all out and committed to a 70cc airsal kit. anyhow, what do you guys think of this kit, (its in the mail right now) and what do you guys recommend for a carberator to match? it seems that it is universally accepted that the dellorto 15.15 is a favorite for your malossi kits, is it also a good choice for the 70cc? could bigger be better? What would make you want to upgrade to the larger carb sizes/stay with the 15.15? I really don't know anything about appropriately pairing parts... thanks!

Re: best carb for 50v w/70cc airsal kit

hey trace... i got the same setup on my 1977 50V with the airsal 70cc and the 15.15 dellorto. with a stock pipe and running it rich it did 44 mph after 100 miles of break in. the kit is awesome, very forgiving. just make sure you break it in with mineral oil at a 32:1 mix, and run a fat jet like a 74 or 72, and then lean it out from there. good luck

gabe tell me more about this airsal. It sounds pretty... forgiving like you say... I got the 70 parma but it might be a little more agressive than i can afford.. people are saying it yields best results w/ a g3 and a 19 phbg but i dont have the loot for that. If you say youre running yours fine on just a 15 and a stock pipe i may have to get an airsal. Anyways, tell me more! Haha thanks dude,

-Steve

as far as a 70cc for parmakits people are tossing around jet sizes about 90 it sounds like! can the kits require jet sized that different?

these people are running bigger carbs and pipes. The portwork is pretty agressive too as far as i can see tell. thats why there's such a difference.

the airsal is as plug and play as they come. any kit is going to run good and last you if you take care of it at break in. plus the airsal can be tweeked (shave the ports a bit) if you want to go more radical. But i built the bike to be kinda sport touring like. it has enough grunt to go flat out with fast town traffic, but is more comfortable to cruise at 37/40 mph range, and know that there is a little more to separate you from that guy tailgating you. I guess i could put also the pipe and extract a bit more top end, as well as play with the gearing and variator (replace it with a malossi????) but again, how much money do you want to throw at the bike??? I am thinking that i might go for the pipe (not the pivoting one, but the shorty performance exhaust). once the bike touches 50 mph, its done. and i m not that far... Go for the airsal, is a great kit...

I just ordered an Airsal kit myself and I've been trying to figure out what carb to use. I was trying to decide between a 16.16 SHA and a 19 PHBG. Is the SHA definitely the way I should go? Also, how would I even put a PHBG on my Moby?

From what i can tell the sha will work well, and everybody seems happy that has tried it... except for those that have tried both. they seem to be telling me that the 19 phbg smokes the sha no problem. I haven't ordered yet, but im going to invest in the big boy.

Frostback Ditch /

Ahhhhh, where do you get the kit? I've been wanting one for a while.

mopedshop.com

check it often, they were in stock for at least a week before i bought it, on monday. now they are out, but i saw them in and out of stock a few times before i purchased it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account