Another thread about puch kits - give me some help

So I'm going to be putting a kit on my Pinto and on my Maxi MKII.

I'm looking for a cheaper one to use, and trying to decide between these three:

65cc Metrakit

50cc TCCD

70cc TCCD

I'm not looking to get crazy speeds - if I can regularly cruise at 40mph I'd be happy. Any power beyond that I'd gear for the lowend.

I have a 14mm bing and a 15mm bing - both with matching intakes.

I'd love to keep the stock exhausts, but if I can't, I'd get a techno boss.

What do you think I should do?

Re: Another thread about puch kits - give me some

whichever you choose, keeping your stock exhaust would be a waste. buy a boss or bullet pipe.

tecno boss 15 bing and a metra 65 is a solid reliable setup for cruisin 40-45

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

I have a boss on my maxi. No kit, just a 15mm bing and a high flow air filter (aka, a piece of stocking). But the boss is pretty good, and is living through the winter with no rust. Seems like a well built, good performing pipe. And they're pretty inexpensive.

What kind of speeds do you kit with just the pipe and 15mm bing?

late 30's maybe 40 i'd say

What about crankshafts?

I'm rebuilding both engines at the moment. The odometer on my Pinto reads in the 3000's, and the crankshaft looks fine, but I'm not sure what I should be looking for, especially if I plan to kit it.

I haven't taken apart my good ZA50 yet, but check out the crank from my crappy za50: https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/1/464878/464878/

Even after all that rust, it feels pretty smooth. I'd probably use it in a non-kitted engine . . .

Well if your short on the $ now and fore the forseable future and this is your first kit... You might really want to consider building an e50 motor up. Less things to go bad and if the za breaks you scrap a motor that was worth the price of an e50 + a racing crank.

If you use the za another crank is out of the picture, too much work and cost involved. I see cranks as insurance policies nice to have not critical for speed.

Use your stk cylinder, buy a Homoet 6P and you will do 40. the extra cost of the 6p over a bullett still won't be the cost of a kit. You can also widen the cyl exhaust port and sand the head for more CR

of the three kits you mentioned the metra kit is the highest quality. Just putting an expansion chamber exhaust on a stock cylinder never made that much differance at all on my bikes. Because of the way an expansion chamber works, you have to either make the exhaust port bigger and higher in the cylinder or get a kit. On a stock cylinder, the exhaust port simply closes too early to allow the pipes scavenging and return pulses to work at all. If you buy a kit, it matters which expansion chamber you choose. For instance, a homoet 6p performs like garbage on my metrakit 65cc however the same setup rips like crazy when fitted with a estoril. From what I gather the tccd kit and a high rpm pipe like the homoet would work well together but I have not tried it yet.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account