Double, Quad mysteries and secrets

Re: Double, Quad mysteries and secrets

The only catch is there is only one stator on these, so one timing mark, so are all the pistons timed at the same time? Seems like they would be. And those are all flange exhaust mounts, not the usual screw in type, so what cylinders are they using?

4 cylinders, and one carburetor... interesting. It looks like the bottom one is still running points. I wonder how they time it as well. It looks like they have alternating strokes, which makes sense, because it'd balance things. So, so cool to get a look at that shit with the cylinder heads off.

Amazing.

did anyone ever figure out how the cranks are connected to eachother?

also I dont think they are timed the same. the rod/pistons are in different positions, assuming the cranks are connected somehow, that would be impossible.

two stroke... four cylinders.. paired cylinders cycles = WOW

This is my theory, though the drawings are crude, I think it would work:

they must have something different for it to spark every 180 degrees then, either way these are not stock AV10, the exhaust is different, the flange is different, they are similar but somethings not quite right.

بهس&amp /

they almost look like puegot cylinders?

The stator plate on the 4 cylinder one is from something else and has two sets of points. They must be real interesting to get timed right. Let along how do you get in there to connect the crankshafts with such limited space.

بهس&amp /

saabs right, so the cam comes around and fires cylinder 2 and 4, then comes 180 and fires 1 and 3.

Those are late model Peugeot engines, like from the nineties, and yes, that is definitely some wonky stator off another bike that has two separate sparks.

YES

soooo, if you set it up so that both cylinders fire at the same time you would only need one set of points, and two coils.

One carb on a manifold= easy tuning, no carb sync problems.

I'm still thinking it's a sleeve and roll or shear pin that connects the two cranks. I like the long threaded rod to hold the cases together.

A+ for creativity but still gay. You could take a large minibike race motor and mount that, transmission and all. What you would get is more speed, less RPM and overall safer. At this rate, why not just take a 150cc dirtbike motor and weld that on? Those double motors is a third world way to get more power, it the US we just put on a bigger motor. What they did is not tuning the engines, its adding more engines to the setup. I bet some of the guys on this forum could get 1/3 more power out of that setup by doing actual tuning to those engines... But like I said, very creative, whoever thought of this mod first must be an interesting person.

I bet Burt Munro could tell you what those parts were off of. You just got to love the thought and work that went into these motors. Just proves, if you build it, they will Cum!

What about the Allen head bolt on the middle photo on the right hand crank. I bet that has something to do with connecting the cranks.

-naz

Oh my god. Good eye, Naz.

^-That's a pretty picture, but it doesn't show anything that helps us figure out how these work.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account