78 JC Penny Upgrades

Ok, so I have been searching the forum for some ideas and this is what I came up with.

Stock Cylinder (e50)

15mm Bing

14.5 Intake

15mm Bored Intake on Cylinder

17 x 41 Gearing

Biturbo

My budget is $150. I was hoping to achieve at least 40mph. I weigh about 180lbs. Does this sound possible?

Thanks,

Marsh

Re: 78 JC Penny Upgrades

Forgot to mention the high flow air filter.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

Sick bike man.

Don't get a biturbo, get a tecno boss, or better yet, a proma gp. You should be close to 40 with what you've included, but maybe not. Probably though.

Well right now I have:

12mm Bing

12mm Intake

High flow air filter

Biturbo

The Biturbo and High flow air filter I bought when I first got the ped. It was before I researched any mods :( I don't have a speedo right now, but am guessing I do about 25-30mph. Not enough to keep up in traffic though. That's why I want 40mph.

I do have a question though about gearing. I could have sworn the back sprocket had a #72 imprinted on it. Does that sound right for a stock ped? I think the front is 13. I will check later tonight.

Thanks,

Marsh

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

Its probably a 45. 13-45 would be about torque (ha), so you are probably going to want to run 14 or 15x45. Remember that as the front sprocket gets bigger, you loose low end. Also the biturbo kills low end.

You might consider getting a 50cc tccd kit You could easily bore the carb out to a 15 or so, same with the intake. Those kits, while not super powerful, are cheap ($100) and have pretty good potential. My friend has one and it was running a 12 bing, high comp head and an estoril and it maxed out at 45 with I think 16x40 gearing. Low end was pretty bad, but once above 20 or 25 it had decent pull and would keep reving.

So if you are willing to spend another $150, get a 50cc tccd kit, high compression head (a big help in the low end dept.), a sprocket, and some jets. You should do 40 no problem once broken in and with that carb bored out. That would be the best performance for you money

If you don't want to do that, I'll buy your bike.

dude what you need to do is trade that bike straight up for a magnum. you will be much more comfortable and u wont look u are on a pocketbike.

i say this for two reasons..

one because i honestly think you will be happier with a larger bike

and two because a rigid swinger is a highly sought after frame for high end customization.

rigid frames like that basically make the sickest race bike you can possible make with a puch. but it will cost you a LOT more than 150.

so basically i bet money that you could trade with someone and you would both make out much happier then before. if you got a magnum (especially a 2 speed magnum) u could easily just slap on a pipe, upjet and throw on a high flow filter to hit 40mph.

just my .02

oh yeah here is an example.

you should talk to the gang in cincinatti. i just got a feeling theres a magnum with your name all over it close to ya.

It's funny you should mention that. I've wanted a magnum ever since I got into mopeds. If someone were willing to trade for a nice magnum I would totally consider it.

lol dude i took one look at your profile pic and said, man that dude should be riding a magnum.

wow that came out pretty gay...

I think I will post my ped in the for sale forum and ask for a trade. I have always wanted a magnum and I'm too poor to do any high end customization.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account