make it rev higher

is there anyway to make the engine rev higher. becides a kit carb and everything else i have. im talking about internal. like port timing piston skirt trimming or if its even worth it on a speed kit. also which way should i adjust my ignition? advance it for the kit?

Re: make it rev higher

i also heard something about putting 2 base gaskets on to raise the cylinder. whats that do?

More basegaskets will lower compression from stock, not good for rpm but the engine will run cooler. Changing the port timing without at least changing the shape of your exhaust shouldn't increase rpm but it will change the powerband of the cylinder, shifting peak power lower or higher up the rpm scale depending on what you do with the port windows. However, matching the case transfers with the cylinder transfers if not already done will increase rpm by ramming more premix into the combustion space. High-compression cylinder heads will raise rpm. Something new I've been reading up on says that the position of the sparkplug in the cylinder affects combustion efficiency. Some have the plug straight through the head (E50) while others are offset (Sachs 5 series). Will read more

What is your current configuration Scott?

as of now its completely stripped down. tranny top end frame suspension everything is apart and clean. i am doing many suspension and asthetic mods but i am using an airsal kit, puch high compression head, custom made clutch shoes with second gear spring cut to shift at higher rpm, tecno estroil exhaust, matched the transfer ports, rigging a polini 4 pedal reed cage with 19mm intake manifold and a phbg 19mm race carb. off the carb i have a custom machined velocity stack with a uni filter. also made a duct going through the gas tank to blow cool fresh air rite on the filter which is basically in the frame. haven't gottan to gearing yet but i will.also i want to mod the ignition but haven't found a way yet any ideas?i was thinking about a boost bottle just to try but idk if its worth it.(what do u think?) i have a couple other secrets going into it. i want to try them before i say what they are.its a traga lx top tank converted to a stepthrough.

i was wondering if i should mill the cylinder to raise the compression even further but the higher the compression the less top end power youll get.

I don't know about _less_ top end but the pipe has a supercharger effect when it kicks in and if you have too much compression then it could ping or detonate when its at high rpms and you might not even hear it so don't wreck your piston playin around too much. I always hear that a good pipe can be the equivalent of 14lbs boost from a turbocharger. People have sheared there crankshafts and everything b4

from detonation caused by too advanced ignition time or too much compression at speed I mean. Also A super high rpm pipe like a simonini or a homoet will enable u to rev a little higher depending on which airsal kit u got.

adding base gaskets will increase intake duration and raising high rpm power and spark plug in dead center is the best others are no match squish zones are very very good but only when they are in exact specs and made for that motor setup

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account