Need more help with Peugeot tuning...

Zack Rineer /

Some of you might be tired of hearing about the peugeot 103 and all the IF's... well I did order everything I said I was..

the list :Malossi 70cc kit

16mm dellorto carb

Simonini performance pipe

Now I need to know what jet sizes to run with this set-up..

Also, I used 2.5 oz of oil with 1 gallon of gas... what should I mix now?? And someone explain the steps of break-in for me..

Thanks,

Zack

Re: Need more help with Peugeot tuning...

Zack -

My best bet is that you're looking at an upper 70's jet. Maybe a 78. I would buy a 76, 78, ad 80 for starters and see where you're at.

Break in is simple - mix 4oz of oil per gallon. You want to be about 30:1 for break in. There's really no point in running lean at all.

And...you're looking at running soft on the throttle for 300 miles or 3 tanks of gas. Whichever comes first. For the first 25 miles or so run the full range of speed up to about 3/4 throttle....about 35-38 mph. It's a bitch, but it'll save your nice aluminum Malossi.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

I would say upper 80's lower 90's based off motobecane.

and peugeots take bigger jets in dellortos stock (68 on a 14.12 as opposed to a 56 on a motobecane)

so yeah upper 80's lower 90's. Go from there.

Zack Rineer /

Thanks for the input.

I am at college right now so I won't be able to put it on for a little while.. I should probably wait untill spring break so I have a solid 8 days to work on it but I have a feeling i'll go home for a weekend and want to put it all together.. hahaa

Thanks again for the help..

what are you going to do to get that pipe on?

Zack Rineer /

It looks like this http://www.treats-of-the-loin.com/ebay/images/peugeotsimoninipipe.jpg

Hopefully just bolt it right up where the old one use to be.. If not Ill rig something :).. haha

it wont bolt right up whatsoever.

i have one also and there is going to be some cutting, welding and possibily pedal removal in the future to get it on. so far no one has run one as far as i know.

ok... you have to heat and bend the silencer/chamber joint and bend it out to clear the swingarm. then the right pedal arm is pretty close, you might have to bend it out a bit. and there is no real way to mount the pipe to the exhaust port/flange. i made brackets that attach to the flange at the bolt, and they hold the retaining springs on the cylinder side. other than that, it sort of fits. haha. but i AM running it now.

oh, thats on a gilardoni 70.

Zack Rineer /

well then hopefully i can get my hands on a welder.....

i took 3 years of manufacturing in high school so i have some knowledge of rigging things up.. i just need a welder! haaa

and by the way treats talks about it on his ebay page it sounds like it and looks like it bolts right up.. but if you have the same pipe i will take your word for it and get ready to do some custom work..

i bought some "tag hole" washers from McMaster-Carr to deal with mounting the springs on the engine side.

Also the rear mount on mine needs to be reworked to put the pipe in the right place. I'll try the heat and bend on the silencer. Which sounds much better then cut and weld like i was planning. Id also not like to have to bend a pedal crank, but we'll see when it gets there.

I figured if i said no-one had run one, someone would sya they had. But youre the first ive heard of.

here, ill drop some pics.

1200343689_dscf6598.jpg

1200343813_dscf6599.jpg

Zack Rineer /

Yes.... seeing it is great.. thanks for the pictures!

Do you think for a first timer I could get it done in a weekend?

I really don't wanna wait till spring break to do this!

umm, i dont see why you couldnt... that was the first time i kitted a moped. but i always did all my own work on my dirtbikes and quads and motorcycles. all in all it took me about an hour. intake, carb, kit, pipe. i havent case matched and replaced bearings yet... i was too excited to get the stuff on.

Pete Daddeo *YouTube: Moped Problems* /

Hey Zack I am doing the same stuff to my Peugeot. Got the Malossi 70cc kit, 21mm dellorto carb, reed valve intake and the Simonini performance pipe.

Ben, thanks for those pics, helping me out too.

I havent gotten far with putting it on yet, just pulled off the engine, old cylinder and intake.

Zack Rineer /

nice ben.... I have a little experience with small engines..

I had a yamaha dt 175 (forget the year) i ripped apart and parted and i just sold a 69 honda cb 350 that i wrenched on a little..

Zack Rineer /

Pete, thats sweet man! let me know how everything works out for you!

When I go home some weekend ill take pictures and get things together..

Zack Rineer /

does anyone have a video clip of the simonini exhuast?

ill get one tomorrow.

Zack Rineer /

nice thanks man!

heres one

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="

&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

and a quick ride. yeah its a few jet sizes too rich. i cant find some of my jets,

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="

&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Zack Rineer /

Nice! Thanks alot man.. I like the sound alot and the biggest reason I like that exhaust is because it keeps the stock look..

Pete Daddeo *YouTube: Moped Problems* /

Thanks Benjamini, its good to see pics and movies of all the stuff I got functional. I put the kit, reed intake, and carb on today. I drilled a small hole threw the frame so the throtle cable can slide straight into the carb, also so it can variate smothly with the engine and not get squished. Last thing to go is the exhaust, I will look into brackets like you did, and I am down to bend that thing out a bit.

Sweet!

Zack Rineer /

I am going home this coming friday.

I am going to start working on the peugeot 103 friday as soon as I get home!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account