e50 speed

How fast is a e50 bone stock supposed to run? I have installed a custom intake I built and a carb. off of a tomos moped and it is very weak on the bottomend but will run approx 25 mph topend.

Re: e50 speed

The Gordon's Fisherman /

There are various models of the e50. If you want to go faster search, there is plenty to read.

That is about average for a stock Puch. It depends on the HP. 1 or 1.5 or 2HP Also, the sprockets that are on there, make a difference. What happened to the original carb that was on it? Did you make the custom intake too big/'too small? And the size of the jet in the carb will have alot to do with the lack of bottom end. Brent

This is a 2hp e50. I use a old set of tomos handlebars to make the intake also it has a tomos 1412p dellorto off of a old tomos inside of the intake is another pipe made of copper and I filled the void between the two with something similiar to jb weld. All is joined together very well added this inner pipe to get a similiar bore as my carb throttle body main jet is a 51 and I am having to running the air screw all of the way in to get it to idle. This is me just playing around to see if it would run the stock carb is trash and I am waiting on a 16mm dellorto and intake for this one. Not the best with carbs with a dyno I am learning though

An expansion chamber exhaust is the single best performance modification you can make to your moped. A larger carb isn't going to help you out a whole lot unless you've got a pipe helping pull the volume through.

25 and no bottom end with a 2hp is kinda of strange. although I guess it is only a 12 mm carb. i've known people that have had trouble getting a puch to respond well to dellorto carbs. as in it took some tinkering to get them to work right.

your pipe might clogged or you just might need some tuning. get those plug chops brown.

Plug chops are brown at this points so not really 100 percent sure what is going on other than the carb is just to small maybe to run it properly . Not that big of a deal hope to figure it out this week sometimes.

40 mph with a stock bore e50 and pipe and good carb tuning,

even the 12mm bings are good for mid to high 30's with a pipe and proper tuning

downhill with 18:36 gearing and a tailwind.

Timmy Southpark /

One reason it might not idol is are the points worn? Also, maybe you have too much slack in your throttle cable. I suggest loosening your throttle cable at the throttle and pulled the cable alittle bit to tension it up.

Amen to that. My question is where the hell are these forty mile per hour stock bore E50 bikes come rally time.

also in my experience a pipe does very little to help a stock cylinder...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account