Re: Water Cooled Hobbit

campeona del mundo /

rad!! thanks for the port map. i may be takin one for fun too. athena has more potential with a proper head, but this seems like a more relaible kit. dual chromed rings should cut down on friction a bit.

hopefully i'll have time to build one of these someday.

I was literally just day dreaming about what it would be like to blast WOT at like 300 degrees...

my commute is about to increase by more than triple, but I can ride expressways there. So am thinking long blasts on the expressway at 50+ are gonna be cool city with this.

Was planning on mounting it up today, but I got hung up today on plumbing parts... Why oh why won't 'Merica just adopt the metric system.....

†▲m †▲m /

will what's your set up plan for this kit? parts list of engine

glad that you're on the ball with this. I wanna see blast this. I just got my kit today, but my project will sit for a while. pics do this justice...

lots of potential with this kit. conservative cylinder porting and some strategic piston drilling...

Going on this bike Playmobil

Adding a dual curve hpi box and some kx65 vforce reeds, hoping to find some low end power

Waiting on that MLM athena matched pipe , since Motomatic hasn't been producing pipes in a while. But who knows, I got the people pipe rocking 60 + before I switched to the Malossi gears, threw off my tuning and snagged a ring.

sooooo rad i love that playmobil!

What did you notice on the malossi gears with your setup? better worse?

I needed more power, when I was in the pipe, midrange was amazing, tons or tourqe, etc. But the engine strained to get there, my weights were all wrong and i fell out of the pipe to quick, take off was abysmal.

Dream is to get the low dialed in, get into the pipe with max HP, variate earlier, keeping the engine under load, and ride that up to the top.

I have a theory about the gears... Once I prove it I'll let you know if I was correct.

I am planning on starting with the gears in on this kit, see where I get.

I should really rent some dyno time, since I have all the pieces and parts to test a bunch of setups... Except for of course, pipes.

Adaptation is the key to success.

The kit looks amazing mounted up, just waiting on the radiator.

Looks like something from 2001 a space odyssey.

spank wire is good for spanking the monky

Awwwwwww yea!

(edited)

image.jpg

haha, way to keep the color theme going! Looks good man. Hows it run?

to scared to start it….

just kidding, need to get some new plugs and my plumbing needs a bit of work. Had a coolant leak when I fired it up for the first time, decided to be patient, drain everything and go over it all with a fine tooth comb. This is by far the most expensive upgrade I don't feel like destroying right out of the gate.

haha, I hear ya. I forsee a gentle break-in process in your future followed by lots and lots of low temp ripping. Enjoy it man, looks like that mount worked out perfect for the radiator.

That. looks so awesome! I have fingers crossed this kit doesn't sell out this week, I'll be able to afford it in a couple of days!

@Vova, I think your safe this week. Still 69 in stock at Treatland. Your gonna get so wet on payday...

Phew, that's a bit re-assuring! Thanks Ryan :) I'm pretty stoked....

what pipe would go well with that kit..?

†▲m †▲m /

will. is that a polini pump hidden back there? or you thermosyphon?

you can see the pump if you look right under the radiator, a glimpse of the pulley

Yeah, polini pump here is the other side...

(edited)

image.jpg

videooooo! :D and speeeed run! when you can...

Yeah... When I get it running for more than 5 mins i'll post a video, but speed runs are a bit away... I have a ton of electrical to work on, adding a dual curve hpi box, and all the crap for a trail tech vapor that I mounted today. Obsessed with shrink tube, so that is gonna take a bit. Oh and the kx65 vforce reeds... I'll be trying to get this dialed in forever

And I am still missing a baller pipe. I got my people's pipe on there, but am holding out for the new MLM athena hobbit pipe.

And then I'll slap on the Malossi gears in the back and try and hit 68.

Mopeds are dumb.

haha.

Are the hobbit transmissions reliable overall? Is it worth swapping to a vespa one? (although it runs in the opposite direction). What CDI are you running?

Will Parrish Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Osessed with shrink tube, so that is gonna take a bit.

!!! I understand!!! Sit tight and I'll have a few harnesses done up in a few months... milspec baby!

Yeah Koz...

I get the stuff from a electronics supply house that buys surplus crap from all the companies here in Silicon Valley. Crazy cheap shrink tube.

I have to add more lines to my main bundle, and am seriously considering just stripping the bike, painting it flat black so the cops will leave me alone and redoing all the electrical.

But this thread is about water cooling! So question, what kind of cooling juice are people using? I have seen a few options, in some other threads, anyone with actual working knowledge have any insight? Seems like 2013 is the year of groms in H2O.

Will Parrish Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

I have a ton of electrical to work on,

> adding a dual curve hpi box,

>

> And then I'll slap on the Malossi gears in the

> back and try and hit 68.

>

> Mopeds are dumb.

what did you use, OS..(XP)??, i can't run it in compatability mode and XP worked once..

for the HPI dual curve box to program it.

WHaT Curve did you make?

Nevermind the malossi gears..... lotta reviews on them, seem to run slower with them.... no real gain. (edited)

Hey Johnny...

Actually the just the pre-programmed dual curve box, the one that has the 2 set curves.

https://www.treatland.tv/PhotoDetails.asp?ShowDESC=N&ProductCode=HPI-CDI-2-stage-box-coil

i have that, but... um.. what curves it comes with stock..

its actually programmable too, that one..

no shit!!.

This

some one should start a HPI CDI program tool library, with curves. Users can checkout the tool with the software.

Or I should just reverse engineer the protocol and find a way to use a Raspberry Pi

$60 CDI, $35 Raspberry Pi, cheap, fast, and in control!

^ yep...

help a brotha out,

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account