help!!!! messed up kit?

i have a puch freespirit that i recently put a 65cc metrakit on along with a 15mm bing carb and a high compression head.

when i first installed the kit and carb, i was ecstatic at how fast i was going….until it died out on me. then, i learned that i was supposed to add more oil to my gas mixture because of the new kit and such.

so…i’ve been adding more oil (40:1) but my ped keeps dying on me!!!!

it makes a high pitch noise and then dies. i don’t know what’s wrong with it. help!!

Re: help!!!! messed up kit?

like a screeching noise?

Its seizing. I imagine its dying while your running it down the road. Am I correct. After it cools down for a while it will start up again. Its called a soft seize. Your running the bike to lean. And by lean I don't mean not enough oil. I mean not enough gas is mixing with the air. You need to upjet. Learn about tuning carbs before your soft seize becomes a hard one.

i'm already mixing at 40:1 and i'm jetted at 100. haha!

oh, and yea, it is a screeching noise and yes it does start up again after a few minutes.

i'm so frustrated!!! if i continue to soft seize, will i mess up the engine?

You could possibly have an air leak causing it to be lean. And yes it will eventually mess up the engine.

yikes!! i hope i didn't already mess it up!

hmmm....i do believe that you are right about the air leak. wasn't there some post on how to check for air leaks? but then again, i think i've done a plug chop (is that what it's called?) and it was running right. i'm so confused. oh yea, and frustrated.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

you really shouldnt be on a 100 jet. Im betting there is an air leak somewhere.

do you think that's why my moped is making high pitched noises?

To check for air leaks just spray starting fluid or carb cleaner around all the gasket areas while its running.If you get a change in rpm's thats where your air leak is.

yes it sounds like you have a leak.

check your gaskets and then make sure everything is tight. you cas spray a little propane around too.

would wd 40 work?

Hmm I dont know.I bet it would. It would probably drop the rpm's since its a lubricant Give it a try.But by the sound of things if it did nothing I would then try with carb cleaner or starting fluid. Make sure you dont get any in the carb and get a false reading.

i don't think wd40 is flammable, use carb cleaner or starting fluid.

jet sounds to big are you only opening the throttle partially when going at top speed?

You are running an air filter, correct? Do you have an intake or exhaust leak? It sounds like you are getting too much air flow. If you find the culprit, please post it to help us figure it out.

To serach for leaks, WD 40 isn't the stuff you want. It's too thick.

Use carb cleaner, brake cleaner, starting fluid etc. Spray-can deodorant works well too.

definately an air leak. did you use all the gaskets?

i noticed last night that when i did go full throttle, my ped started to bog a little.

yea, i have one of those high flow air filters on it and a bullet exhaust.

yea, i think i used all the gaskets. i'm pretty sure i did.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

WD-40 is definitely flamable. It's not good for searching for leaks, but I use it instead of starting fluid. Starting fluid provides no lubrication and makes your engine run waaay lean and hot. WD-40 will still combust, and provides a bit of lubrication. It might not make a difference because it's not like you're running it for more than a few seconds on either of them, but I'd rather use the one with lube.

so, i should use the wd 40?

i'm not going to be able to look at my ped until i can get someone to help me get my ped out of the basement. it's soooo heavy.

is there something that i can do/check without starting my ped?

i found what was wrong with my bike joanne, thats why i didn't come out last night. check where your high comp head meets the metrakit cylinder, and then at the base where your metal spacers are placed

Ill help you get it out after work. I want to start the case matching anyway so we can wrench on peds together.

my damn cylinder studs are shot.....so i have no compression, i need some new ones. anyone got four more i could use?

All four are shot?

Which hi-compression head did you go with - the 50cc or 70cc?

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Yumster, to check for air leaks use starting fluid. WD-40 might be too thick for it, but if you have it handy you can try it. You can use carb cleaner too, just don't get it on anything painted.

So, I'd suggest starting fluid to check for air leaks. If you don't have any, it's pretty cheap at any auto parts store.

Ignore my WD-40 rant, I got off on a tangent. haha

i think i got a 50cc high compression head.

100 jet is really big. Are you sure your jet isnt clogged up a little? air leak is easy to fix. I run mine at 16:1 and then jet richer because I like the way two stroke smoke smells alot. It carbons up your exhaust port eventually tho. Also I think the metra kit la instructions says to break in at 3% synthetic oil. I dont know spanish very well. But thats almost 32:1 and if you are using petrol based two cycle oil you need to use more than that. here is a link of the instructions if you can read them better than I. Its a huge pic tho sry.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account