Eh...more moby talk.

Got a question for the AV10 crew.

"Does this work on AV10's?": http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Malossi-19-21-phbg-reed-intake-puch-peugeot-motobecane_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35620QQihZ008QQitemZ180197629840QQtcZphoto

Ben says it might work on an av10 and it looks like it might fit but I was curious if anyone has this setup.

Re: Eh...more moby talk.

yes!

So is the 4 petal setup much better? Also Idi you have to match the case to the intake, it looks like the hole on the istake is bigger than the case.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

you sure peter? It looks like it would angle the intake/carb pretty much straight down towards the ground.

I think these are just made for peugeots. But yes there are 4 petal setups that work for the av10

peter are u sure it bolts up to the stock av10 cases, i'm pretty sure bret told me it did not, but i don't know personally.

if it does i'd definatly use it over the polini stuff, polini is just poor quality, and the reeds are rivited on. i just opened mine up and one of my reeds was chipped on the end and i can't replace it without dremiling out the rivits and tapping the reed cage then installing screws....lame. or just buy a new shitty polini cage even shittyer

tom i have my motor completely apart right now if u want i may be able to test fit that intake setup and see if it will bolt on. Shoot me an e-mail if u want and i'll try and work it out since they are in SF, and then we will all know for sure.

also you should not have to match the cases, the tolerance is high and the hole is already almost as large as it could go (its big). the polini 4 pedal is actually a bit smaller than the hole but u can't make it match since the tolerance is too tight and dremiling it larger would get too close to the mounting hardware.

the 2 pedal performance reed setups are VERY fast and no hassle, and will work great with large 19mm+ intakes and carbs, bret is running a 2 pedal right now and he is still fast as shit. if you want to keep it simple its an option.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

yeah. Im using 2 petal doppler reeds. im fast as shit and they are really easy to use.

a 19mm carb tho on the good doppler intake requires the pedal sprocket to be ground away.

Well sounds like 2 petal reeds will get the job done. I already have a malossi 70 kit and a bunch of other parts. I guess am getting ahead of myself considering I still don't have the damn motor but I want to get it on my bike as soon as possible.

I am actually thinking about building a second since the motor I bought has a 50cc badlot kit already on it, I bought the 70cc kit when I bought just a case but it fell through and now I have 2 av10 top ends. I figure I can have 50cc glory and 70cc balls in two different bikes.

Since I have 2 top ends and only one case I was thinking about getting a polini case but It sounds like i might want to stay away from their stuff.

It amazes me how you can get a bike for cheap and spend so much damn money on these things, but I guess a clutch kit alone for my 64 mustang ran me $300 so in contrast mopeds are poor man's hot rods!

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

hey if you ever wanna sell that bidalot kit, ive got another av10 bottom end waiting for a kit. Well its got a stock top end so i could throw that in with some cash, but lemme know.

not all of the polini reeds rivet on, some of them actually have little screws.

the malossi reed that treats sells DOES NOT work on the AV10.

dah, oops sorry dudes.. spoke too soon.

my polini 4 pedal cage has screws, i know because i took them out to put red loctite on them before putting the engine together. its pretty high quality.

Malossi makes one for the MBK, but that is not it. I have had two polini four petal reed blocks shatter, and in my opinion, two petal is the way to go.

Did the Polini have a plastic cage or a metal cage?

-naz

I have plastic

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account