Secrets revealed - Puch Magnum RS Build

Dean you manipulative son of a bitch.

You want a blog fine have a blog.

If anyone say's "but it's not a moped" I'm turning this car around and we are going home.

Re: Secrets revealed - Puch Magnum RS Build

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

hahah yaaay!

Nice shit so far man.

That thing will fly.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

aww you took apart an rs50.

haha nice job

paz, is this the bike where those sidecovers are going on?

if so you can make dean jealous cause those were originaly off of magnomos.

Lol yep this is the bike those side covers are going on. Cool my part of Deans bike will be faster than Deans part.

sick.

I will be watching.

un-be-fuckin-lievable.

i knew something was up, but this? awesome. pure awesome. i think this will be the fastest any magnum frame has ever gone.

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

haha, who ever said my bike was fast to begin with?

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

also, i linked to your blog from mine! expect 1 extra hit a month! yay!

Paz that is some cool shit! I can truly appreciate the work you are putting into this machine. I was a machinist for 13 years before I started my present career. I still miss the feel up making chips. I get to turn on a lathe about 6 times a year now. Mostly when I fab personal projects. Keep up the great work on that Magnum RS50!

A W E S O M E

Thanks for this resource.

Dayum.

Paz, that will be a stunner for sure.

Keep up the excellent work dude.

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

I saw the post about the mono-shock, but figured you had accounted for the leverage difference. Ah, well, at least you figured it out NOW before the bike was all put together! I'll be watching this with interest, it looks like a really awesome project!

oh god its really all coming together.....

i better finish my magnum b4 you cause i cant follow that act....

just you know. yall are dumbasses for not asking paz 20 million questions in this thread lol. this shit should have 100 replies alreadyl.

yeah really!

i haven't had a time to scour the blog yet, but i'll be working on it soon. it deserves full attention.

beautiful, gotta say i'm a little leery of the rear end. Are you attaching that shock to the top of the trellis, or near the bottom of the swingarm? Is the trellis coming off the bottom? I think you're safe as far as the frame goes, because normally that same load would be applied at the seat posts, which put the same moment on the tube where the shock is, but the swingarm seems like it will be taking a pounding. What is the capacity of the new shock?

The frame will probably be reinforced with some plate on/around the shock mount area just to be on the safe side.

The shock I ended up with is a motorcycle shock. It is about 11" long and should work out well, since it is fully adjustable. If not there are lots of other 11" shocks to try...

The lower section of the trellis is where the shock will be mounted to the swing-arm.

Regardless of how much planning goes into it if you change one variable everything else preceding it is changed.

i was wondering wat u did with that aprilla nice work

Yea the aprilia is sitting there naked and lonely. Since it will be short a motor... my next project is to shoe horn a CRF250r motor into it.

Something tells me that 35-40hp in a 200lb bike would be a lot of fun.

This is someone's project aprilia

He shoved a CRF450 motor into it, evidently it will pull a wheelie through 4th gear and 130 is as fast as he is willing to go on it.

cool, very cool, sounds like it will be pretty sturdy. just seeing that pic of the shock mocked up with the stock magnum swingarm made me cringe

dude, you gotta go two stroke. put a nasty cr125 motor in there, there are tons of parts for cr125's, the shifter cart guys get them up to like 40 horse.

it would be a lot easer squeeze, and you'd still have a two stroke.

Only issue with a two stroke is fitting the pipe. Most dirt bike pipes corve up and rap through the frame.

How ever much I love two strokes I want to run this bike hard, and always worrying about the "right" jetting on a 125 would be a nightmare.

From the people that I have talked to that have done a crf conversion... It's not hard at all. For the motor mounts you need to re-make the lower cradle (it's thin wall tube so I would anyways), deal with the larger sprocket (a guy that did this had 3 sprockets made custom for the bike for under 200$). Exhaust since you don't need to work about an expansion chamber the routing of the pipe is all about cutting and welding to fit.

go 2 stroke man. just go with a stock motor, stock carb, stock pipe and just cut and weld to fit.

a 4 stroke motor is going to be twice as heavy and will probably warp or tear that aluminum frame man.

Bump

Finally have some progress.

This is my new moped 1988 FZR400, 350 lbs. Redline 14000 and about 56 hp. This is one street bike I have always wanted to own, now I do..

1208468593_imgp2089_small.jpg

but it's not a moped......

not even close to one.

gay.

not a moped. turn your car around

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account