hi comp e50

I recently derestricted my 1hp maxi. ie intake plug and 80 thousands head gasket . i milled the ridge off the head wich was about 50thousands. now the cylinder pressure is 235 vs stock 135. motor has more torqe and beter acelleration. my question is, how much more can i mill the head without hiting the piston or knocking.

Re: hi comp e50

That's roughly 16:1 compression you're running if that reading's right. I think I'd settle with that.

that's ALOT. you're going to get hotspots

I would HOPE that it has good acceleration!!

whats curious is that it dosnt ping or knock even under load.

im also planing on cutting grooves in the head for more torque and better efficiency. iv been reading a lot about it @ somender-singh.com Has any one tryed this on a ped?

This seems to show that the grooves will move the fuel, now what side/top/bottom of the head do you put the groove on?

I think you would want one on each side and on the top of the head?

Any ideas?

Eric

woolfster2 /

Having worked on a lot of kaw triples I would not cut anything here. since you milled the head i suggest you look into the intake port when the piston is at TDC and if the piston skirt is below the top of the port shave it to where it cant be seen. do not mess with the exhaust side of the piston at all.

Speaking of hi-comp heads - I bought a hi-comp 50cc head for my son's Puch for Christmas and stashed the box somewhere - now I can't find it or remember where I put it!

Can you help?

look on top of the refrigerator...

i was thinking about trying this out soon, cool that it's been brought up

The Gordon's Fisherman /

I did this a little while ago. Really simple to do, and is wonderful for torque.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account