good torque wrench

does anyone know of a good torque wrench that measures 0-150 in/lbs? i can only find 0-60 in/lbs and 10-150 FT/lbs ones . . . hoping to save half my cost by getting the right tool.

Re: good torque wrench

bump

There is a reason most companies make 5-60 and 60-150 ft/lbs wrenches. It is expensive and hard to make one accurate accost a large range.

Just get a 5-60. i don;t know of anything on a moped or a motorcycle that needs more.

good torque wrench

Yeah man, I'm with Chris on this one...what the hell are you rebuilding that you need crazy high numbers on?

Snap-On makes great click types. If you want to have more in one wrench than in the bike. The ones from Autozone are a joke. There is a reason that click types are expensive, so just get a bar type in the range you need. But please get a reputable brand, they are accuracy devices after all. Having a cheap one is really no better than feeling it out. Oh and if you work on motorcycles you need at least one that go to 250Nm (200ft*lbs) for clutch baskets and things like that.

But really, the only that I use a torque wrench for on my moped is the head bolts, everything is just feel. Hell, I don't have torque specs for the rest anyways.

I have a snap on in/lbs. works great expensive though...

ok so snap on's a good brand. i meant to specify 0-60, not 0-150 ft/lbs, so a 5-60 lb/ft one would be fine . . . wasn't seeing those online though. oh well, will hit the autozone.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account