Honda z50 carb. on a NC50 ?

Just wondering if a carb. off of this little dirtbike would fit onto the express ? Is there a difference between two stroke carbs and 4 stroke carbs ? The z50 is a 4 stroke.

Thanks,

raz

Re: Honda z50 carb. on a NC50 ?

not a problem if you jet it right, the stock express carb is capable of running pretty well even with a 65cc kit, so i dont see any reason to change it.

Graham ,

Hey Man,

I have emailed you a couple of times and need to talk to you about the larger pistons for a NC50.

Check you email or email me at dswebber@zumatel.net

You mentioned you know where you can get more, how much $ are we talkiing ?

Thanks,

Raz

Some Express carbs have the oil injector line going to the carb. Other than that I see no difference. I would just drill out the jet and add a better flowing air filter to get better performance. The Express is pretty limited on what you can do before you hit a wall.

My main goal is to have it pull all the way untill the trans is actually holding the engine back. Now it seems like about 25mph it is fourstroking and if you let off the throttle she comes out of it. Just trying to find a way to "make her rap out".

Thanks,

Raz

Switch to pre-mix, drill your jet, put on a uni-pod and a pipe; and you've got a decked head already (that's one step down). Other then the kit that Graham speaks of that's about the extent of the express (without porting). If you really want to "rap out" your bike then run some whip-it nitrous into your old oil injection port (but you're going to want to learn about the search function before you do that because people aren't going to hold your hand through that ordeal).

Check out this site for some basic express stuff...

http://expresslymopeds.50megs.com/

Wow I just read that last post...I'm was kind of dick, sorry Raz.

It's just that a lot of this stuffs been covered here before. I also get discouraged by express projects as they seem to peter out pretty fast, people jump in with both feet only to realize it's not a deep pond, then they walk away.

Here's mine... https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/read.php?f=1&i=349017&t=348325

It's still sitting in the corner waiting for paint and...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account