am i going to seize?

I have a new metrakit and estoril on my e50. I was running a 66 jet which seemed too rich because I had no low end and when I up jetted to 70 I wouldn't even nudge at full throttle (only a few seconds).

So I went down to the 62 because I don't have a 64 and now it rides like a champ except that I have my idle adjuster all the way in and it dies when I'm sitting.

Is that a sure sign that I'm running too lean? And doesn't 62 seem awful low for a 65cc metrakit, estoril, 12mm bing with a de-restricted airbox setup?

WORDY

Re: am i going to seize?

yes that is really really really low. ive never used such a small carb on a kit but i would guess u should at least be in the 80's considering i have a 76 on my 50cc korado top end.

Harold what about the fact that 70 felt like I was running waaaaaay to rick, like I couldn't move at all. Is there a chance that that range is just the sour spot and then up in the 80s will be all good?

While you're reading this I'll be putting in an 80 so I'll find out, just wondering what you make of this. Seems kinda wacky.

bigger carb yo

got a 16mm SHA just waiting on the intake.

O/T BTW Jake,

What's Cincinatti like. I was talking with a friend last night saying that I see Ohio, and Cleveland in particular as the next Berlin. Cause it's all run down and prime for a big art movement. He disagreed and said it's too stuck in it's blue collar roots.

i havent lived in cincinnati that long, but it's a pretty good time. there always seems to be shit to do or mad hills to bomb down.

its a great place to ride but you better be tuned for the hills, nothing like san francisco but its up there. the rest of ohio is pretty much boring as fuck, columbus being especially shitty if you ask me. but cincinnati is fun, and we're only an hour or so from those dirty bandits so we can have sweet mini-rallys. those guys rule. i like their city too. cinci pretty much rules all around for going to rallies because it puts us easy driving distance to chicago, elkhart, grand rapids, ypsi, kzoo, and of course louisville.

what does the plug look like dudder, at each jet setting, i bet the 70 range will do it 4 ya

So while I was switching jets the mailman came and brought my new high flow air filter and a 14mm bing that supposedly bored out to 16mm. So back to square one. Gonna start up at 82.

Sucks though, I can't plug chop cause i took off my kill switch and have been using the choke to kill it.

Don't know if anyone cares but i'll post the results.

If you have no low end I'd suspect an air leak...

u don't have to plug chop in the true sense, just take a look at the plug, after u ride for a few miles and check to see if its turning black or white or a nice tan.

I'll do that elliot. Thanks for everyones intput and help

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account