av7 vs. av10

steve /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

so i did some reading and i'm aware of some of the differences between av7s and av10s. I've read and been told how to switch up the stators to make it compatible with my 76 6v 50v. My question now is are the STOCK cylinders/topends interchangable? If i get an av10 bottom can i use my existing av7 topend?

Im looking to do some engine work on my av7 this winter (aka like 2 weeks when its too cold to ride) and the thing isnt in awesome shape. im starting to think if im gonna spend a bunch of money i might as well just ditch my av7 and get an (apparently) better av10. That way if i get it all nice and happy stock i can look forward to more upgrades someday. instead of w/ my av7 which is so-so and will never really be too happy. If the topends are interchangable itd be nice to know I can just use my av7 top end for a while till i get something better.

Thanks,

-Steve

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account