Rito Vs. Top

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

I am replacing my crank, and was wondering which is the better choice: Rito or Top. Mine has a Rito now, but the motor blew and the crank bent. I heard assembly of the rito is a bit easier, but whats going to give me the most reliable (relatively) performance for a single speed e50 polini w/ simonini? I'm going for top end I guess.

Opinions?

Re: Rito Vs. Top

i have a top in my 80cc and love it so far. i have a DMP in my 65cc and it's ok, but the top seems to have a bit lumpier idle and looks to be a nicer piece.

top i think is better quality but they put the circlip groove in the wrong place sometimes, at least in the altest batch i have seen, all top cranks from 1977 however have been remachined to the correct spot fyi

Where do you even find choices to buy? From what I can tell you get whats availible!

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

Hmm, so top gives better quality.

I guess I'll just check them both out and see what looks better, but is top really the better quality, or just more available?

i have heard the ritto's seem to have a high(er) failure rate than any of the others. my DMP is stuffed with a resin of some sort. the top looked to be a real good quality piece, and very nicely packaged (for what thats worth)

@ rafter....i have seen a few choices here and there, and honestly, i found the DMP on ebay, and it came from 50ccnl

i would say top. i have one on my 65 metra with no problems. i have a stuffed one i am getting ready to put on my 80. i have never jeard of a top speed breaking, but i have heard of a few ritos breaking.

all the crazy race bikes in the netherlands use ritos or metra cranks, but i think there is a higher quality ritos crank over there that i have never seen available here.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account