These boost bottles.

I have been hearing a bit about these "boost bottles". I understand what they do but, my question is:

a) is there a kit you are supposed to buy or do you find the parts at a hardware store and is there a website that gives you instructions on how to install it.

b) does it make sense to put one on if you are running a stock engine but have a performance exhaust or larger carb

Re: These boost bottles.

i now realize i probably should have put this in the discussion section. sorry

Boost bottles don't do anything. Ignore all the stupid supstition and cargo cultism, and stick to the tried and true performance tuning methods.

No, this is right in its place ;)

Boost bottles work by a vacuum created by closing the throttle. It captures the excessive mix, and releases it when you open the throttle again.

It would work on a stock bike, but like all boost bottles, the effect is minimal.

Look at the fastest bikes on the forum.

Charles just posted up his 61mph Puch. No boost bottle.

How about the San Fran guys and their crazy French bikes? No boost bottles there either.

They're a waste of time. The 16 year old, Tomos riding, New Jersey dweller crowd seems to be into them. I think it's a "Fast and Furious" fantasy or something.

Thanks for the quick response, i was just curious. I probably wont do it. I'm just trying to find ways to increase the performance of my moped in relatively cheap ways until i can find a new job and really get serious.

Boost bottles actually have a positive effect on throttle response, if calculated well.

You can see the effect on a dyno.

It just that there are more easy and effective ways to improve throttle response.

I know what thats like though...i've was sixteen not too long ago..hell two years and as much as i hate to say it, i was a rather big fan of the F&F. now i like to think im a little more sensible and realistic.

Yeah, I'm no old timer either. :D

These Jersey kids just have me a little ticked off today, being ridiculous over in the Buy/Sell forum.

Also, we ride single speed automatics. We barely have any use for "improved throttle response."

yeah i saw that the whole thing with the guy in richmond and his tomos and yeah with a single speed i guess it would really serve a purpose. Right now im riding a two speed tomos which is why i was curious but, im thinking about saving up for a single speed puch

Seems like a bad idea to put a large bottle of hopefully perfect gas/air mixture between your legs in any case.

thye help in the idle and throttle response, whne my bike is on and pinch the bottle line, the idle becomes kinda rough and popy but when i release the line the idle is more smooth and whne givin gas to jumps right away, idk about adding top speed, i never ran a bike with out it then put one an and ran the same bike i just put it on when everyhting was being installed.

-Samz

@Bret:

They are meant for shifter peds, but automatics also use their throttle response. When you brake, enter a turn and then open the throttle again, it picks up smoother. etc.

Anyway, the effect is minimal. You can achieve way better with other mods.

they have a purpose in tuning a two stroke. go too crazy with the reeds or the intake porting, and your idle will go to shit real quick, the 'boost bottle' picks up the low end and midrange throttle response, wont help you 'go faster.' its a pretty complicated and debated subject tuning wise, so i would say you are wasting your time unless you have a crazy ass bike designed to need one in order to run right.

Now that makes sense. Maybe if they would call it a "stabilizer bottle" instead of implying it will somehow increase hp, it would have more credibility.

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

Heh, mini fuel/air bomb, it's like a grenade between your legs. No wonder the NJ kids like them so much!

So its a death trap that doesnt do much of anything. I think i might actually have to install it then (said sarcastically)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account