PERFORMANCE PACER PARTS

OK WHO GOT SOME AND WHERE DID YOU GET IT WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE YOUR PACER PASS POKEY sPEEDS?

1191642305_100_0471.jpg

PERFORMANCE PACER PARTS

caps lock is cruise control for cool!

not sure bout pacer parts..

Re: PERFORMANCE PACER PARTS

First thing to do is get rid of the head gasket, make sure the points are dead on,on mine when I did away with head gasket I jumped to a ngk 7es plug which made it run a better

HOW do\ you just get rid of a head gasket and still seal well/get good compression what does this do and who makes this ngk 7es plug help me understand

1191767999_100_0468.jpg

What I did was just take off head gasket use some 400 wet and dry sand paper on something flat (piece of glass,tile,steel plate,etc) sand lightly until its flat ..you can tell by the shine bolt it back on torque to 10.8 ft.lbs. or 129.60 inch lbs....as far as the plug start with the stock plug and do plug chop from there

do I need to sand the head and cylinder or just the head and wont this make my piston hit the head at T D C or is there enough clearance to shave it down I am correct in saying that if this works it will give me higher compression or not if not explain the result or this procedure

Higher compression, with better low end performance.

will it hurt my top end at all?

also does anyone know if one of those 2 piece bitirbo pipes that 1977 mopeds sells will work on my pacer if so which one because i need more power and the stock pipe has its limitations even if you modify it up i think an expansion chamber is going to be better so i hear and is there a better pipe for the money that will work that i should consider

i made my one piece biturbo a two piece and stuck it on, and it seemed to do some good.

what do you mean seemed to do some good does that mean an almost no change or maybe 5mph or maybe 2mph?

clamp on bi-turbo, remove head gasket (not base gasket), dellorto 15.15 carb with a high flow air filter, about a 62 -64 jet, will be running around 40 mph

I already have the 2 peice Bi-turbo, and 15.15 dellorto with new jets coming in the mail. Damn UPS man has missed me the last two days!!! I'll let you all know how that goes. Mr. Nice Guy, did you bore out the intake manifold?

a little bit better low end and probably 3-5 mph top end increase. I could probably make it better. I'm supposed to be getting an intake here for it pretty soon.

I am just getting started into building up My Pacer, I see you talking about the carb-Dellorto 15:15

I could not find one on the web page could one of upi be more Specific

Dave

hey,

i know this is an old thread but i was wondering what ever happened. rick, what did you end up doing to your pacer? how is she riding, i've got a morini i'm working on now and looking for some advise

Jay

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account