50/50 would be amazing...

i have a 77 puch newport with 12 mm bing carb and a stock E50. i put a biturbo exhaust and hi-flo airfilter on it. i think i have a 72 jet on it, but i'm not sure. gonna have to check in the morning... anyway, i'm not even going 30 mph on it (like between 27-29 depending on the day). i feel like i should be going faster, and i eventually want to get it up to 40-50's without getting a kit. anyone know what i can do to fix the speed problem, then get it up to 50?

Re: 50/50 would be amazing...

Ugh, I called this being the new beast mode. Read 2 stroke tuner books mayn, they're in PDF online.

the book Taylor mentioned can be found here

As for your bike, 72 is huge for what you described. down jet. like low 60's. Bet your plugs are black and sticky.

Dane,

I'm pretty sure that we put a smaller than 72 jet in your bike, but I can't remember now. I have a limited number of jets between 58-70 though. First thing is we need to plug chop your bike and find out how rich/lean it is. Then we go about making your 12mm into 14mm. Seriously though, read the book, it's intense.

he's got a 12mm carb, thats as fast as your going to go. it's the 1.5 hp model newport, maybe even the 1hp. you need a bigger intake, and carb...that biturbo won't have a enough coming out of the engine to do much damage yet, at least not until you upgrade that carburater

Don't buy new parts, just drill your existing parts.

yupperz! turn that 12 into a 15mm, good reminder brennan..hey you got a drill press over there?

50/50 would be really amazing if you could pull it out of a Sachs.....

Insert rant about people not accepting that 25-30mph is what it was designed to do out of the box, mostly aimed at local people unrelated to the poster

You can get 50, but I doubt you can do it on the stock setup, unless you're a GENIUS with a dremel.

That book will honestly be your only hope, from what I've read about what people have read in it, the right person could extract the information from that book to make a ped do anything.

Heavy modification to existing parts. Read, contemplate, measure eight times, then go for it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account