Best speed kit for a ZA50

Just wondering, what some people are running for the 2 speed. Itll be going on my "monster puch magnum ltd racer". Thanks!

Re: Best speed kit for a ZA50

personally i reccomend the 50cc RGD kit. great power and in combination with a pipe and carb u can do 45+ easy.

kitting a za50 is tricky. they are not easy to portmatch and honestly they arent that good of an engine. keep in mind this is coming from the number 1 puch fan boy.

the za50 just isnt as sturdy or reliable as the a35 tomos motor. it will break eventually if you kit it. i just had one lock up on my at 50mph on my monza and im lucky to be alive.

especially since you have such a kickass bike, i wouldnt want to see it get hurt. and i know what you are thinking, "whatever if i break the engine i can get another one". no you cant. you have a collectors item dude and you want the engine vin to match the frame vin.

seriously 50cc kits are the way to go on a za50. i had one on my trike and was doing 40 with low gearing. would you prefer a moped that went 45-47 and was reliable or a moped that goes 55+ and breaks all the time?

Where do i get that RGD kit??

i think 1977 sells them. just think about it like this. any assclown can buy a polini or metrakit, slap it on and go 50 right? you have a tomos that does 55 i think.

but if you use 50ccs, go with a big carb, nice exhaust and fine tuning you can really show off your tuning skills.

big bore kits are soooooo last year =P

or you could just kit an E50 or another ZA50 and leave the original motor stock so as not to damage it or something.

50 is so last year.

60 is so 2008.

BIG BIG bore kits in 08.

my bad jake. i got u confused with samz for a sec.

shay has a good point. u might want to consider dropping the engine and putting it on a shelf. get an e50 and do whatever u want if u want to go fast.

kit the za50!! don't be scared. they are great engines and super fun when kitted. they are no that hard to break and port match.

never had a problem with a za-50. only time i ever broke mine and cause the wheels to lock up was when i was so stupid and forgot to bend that washer than makes sure the nut doesnt vibrate off. which it did. and that was when ti was stock!

kits is for NOOBZ!

take the stock magnum cylinder and get that bitch up to 50. and your low end wont suck either because you have a granny gear.

a moped that goes 55+ and breaks all the time.

at least while i do my porting projects, i cant afford to keep being slow in SF while i try to learn to port.

For any of you that have in the past put a kit onto a ZA50--did you make any clutch adjustments too? What about those who ported the original engine?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account