looking for sebring perfomance parts

does anyone have a source for sebring performance parts?

Re: looking for sebring perfomance parts

it will help if you tell us which engine is on your sebring.

well its a 1980 motobecane sebring with a 2 speed tranny and the search function implies its a moto morini but thats all i know so far

thanks

nate

anyone? this thing is just begging for go faster parts

thanks

johnny

I just bought one of these. As you probably know, the Motobecane sebring wasn't actually made by motobecane, but by the italian company motomarina. Motobecane just rebadged them so they could compete with the toptanked magnums and the like. the Motomarina usually had a M1 engine, i believe made by minerelli, and the motobecane came with a Franco Morini MO2... which is the 2spd. If you're looking for performance parts, i'd start with a larger Delorto Carb, since those Morini engines had delorto carbs to begin with, and for other things, i would consider a high flow air filter, and the next size up jet. expanding the intake and exhaust ports with a dremel would help too, but i'd read up on it before you go chopping away at your cylinder. These are all simple things that will enhance the performance, but they're not bike specific, which makes it much easier... if you're looking for things specific to your bike, make sure you're looking for parts for the franco morini MO2 engine... something else i've seen, and i don't know if you'd be willing to do it, but i've seen a couple motobecane sebrings with a transplanted Puch E50 engine, which is a very simple motor, that is very easy to Kit. i don't know about yours, but my 1980 moby sebring rocks a solid 35 mph flat, completely stock... wouldn't take much at all to pin the speedo needle at 40+

e50 sebring. "stockish" e50 50+ mph gps

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account