Motobecane AV10 advice

Dan Adams (50:1) /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi Bret.

I know there are other AV10 tuners out there now but back when I put my project on hold Bret was the man.

I am going to be finishing up with my Model 40 65cc airsal AV10 very soon now.

I just need 2 pieces now but first let me explain what I want from this bike.

1- I am NOT looking to do infinite tuning for optimal performance.

2- I am NOT interested in winning races

3- I DO NOT want to go deaf riding this baby

4- I DO NOT want to get worse mileage then my car (I am looking at you Brett Walker)

4- I am not interested in modifying the frame or removing the pedals for an exhaust pipe.

5- I DO want want it to go faster and quicker then stock, but I am not looking reinvent the wheel.

For those who do not know me I am very good with motobecanes all ready. I have rescued about a dozen from certain death and put them back on the road again. I have just never done any of this kit shit before.

-I need an exhaust pipe. Stock I figure would probably fit the bill best right? Is everything else still shit like it was last year?

Shay do you still need to get rid of that AV10 pipe?

-I need to select a carb. I all ready have two intakes (thanks Bret) one is 15mm one is 17mm I think. I have not yet determined which one will work better.

Honestly is a 15mm carb going to leave this thing starving for air? I think a SHA15 would probably be fine but I know some of you weirdos put 20mm carbs on your bikes.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account