Puch #4 cylinder: is it even worth it?

So I guess it was bound to happen eventually: I finally got a Puch e50 with the dreaded metal intake port restrictor sleeve. I thought, OK, I'll just take it out.

I take off the cylinder, and the intake port is TINY--I wonder if I'll ever get any speed out of this thing, even if I can get that metal sleeve out. The cylinder is stamped #4.

So what am I supposed to do with this thing--is it even worth fooling with? (pic attached)

1189830442_cylinder.jpg

Re: Puch #4 cylinder: is it even worth it?

thats the only thing that could come on a puch moped that would keep you below 30

i would just get a new top end

or start dremlin

Is it me or is that pretty low for an intake port?

probably could hog it out in an hour

Hmmm, so either I grind it bigger, or maybe this bike is a worthy recipient for my spare Magnum cylinder and Supermaxi exhaust.

Anybody know what the metal restrictor is made of? I thought maybe I could tap it and pull it out, but when I tried, it sheared the threads right off my tap.

That restrictor is made out of rockwell hardned process....will not drill,tap,chisel ....mig weld a bolt to it and slide hammer it out....then port that thing ...good luck

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account