Re: Viva LaResistance. French bikes need fast pip

man, who cares about pedals

Many of us care about pedals.

...but your bike is pretty fast and frenchy, so you still win.

La Resistance patches will be in the near future.

The Ninja G3 will fit with pedals on a Peugeot you just need to change out the right side crank arm and pick up something that has a little more kick out to it. You even have couple mm's to spare!

-Naz

my thoughts are, if you want to go as fast as possible, why sacrifice for a less performing pipe just to keep your pedals?

the g3 you can keep the pedals, on both the 40t and 50 (50 is easier to mount on) the pedals do not hit the pipe at all with the g3, the only problem is the rear mounting bracket is in the way of the stock pedal chain line, if u fabricated or sorced a different chain tensioner they would function fine.

but i do have to lose the kickstand, no way around that, side stand anyone!!?

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

My desire to keep the pedals stems from this 40 being my everyday rider and I like pedals. If this were for my other 40 pedals would have been long gone. AV10 will be pushing that bike hard.

with my 1977 peugeot 103 and the doppler the center stand is fine, it's just the right pedal I have to lose. I think i'm going to toss it in a vice and bend the shit out of it in efforts of keeping it, if i destroy it, I'll take the other off.

kirk

yeah, sometimes it is nice to be able to use your pedals.

Yeah with the G3 the center stand does not work, I just use a side stand on my bike, works fine.

-Naz

i'd use the stock pipe b4 that leovince junk, my opinon only

its sooo restrictive

It looks like the stomach of a hard core alcoholic, or a rubby dubby, thiey need steel ones to drink the stuff that they do.

Can you not lengthen the header and mount it higher up or further back?

Because some of us don't want to run with a motorcycle plate, or get stuck pushing our ped to the next gas station to get picked up after it breaks down. If the pipe is designed right for the machine it should increase performance and allow pedals.

it wouldnt be bad if not for it having alot of internal baffles and stuff. all the french pipes are restricted though. my ninja G2 was, elliots G3, the dopplers, bidalots...all of them. otherwise they arent legal on french streets. fortunately in most cases the restrictions are easy to remove. i found an article on derestricting an MBK stock pipe which resembles the cobra a great deal. its not a terrible pipe or anything its just not going to give you what a G3 will for example.

yeah i popped out the restrictor on my doppler in 30 seconds, screw driver and hammer, popped right out.

kirk

The cobra isnt a bad pipe by any means. It adds a couple of mph and the acceleration is nice. It is a very nice alternative to the stock pipe. I would liken it to say a biturbo for a puch. Yeah it doesnt perform to the absolute highest that a pipe could, but it does add that little bit more that you are looking for. Whats more it requires almlost no modification to the bike or the pipe itself, making it a good choice for the novice tuner. I think you guys need to take a look at the bigger picture here and realize that tuners fall into a number of catigories and see that Quarterkick is trying to deliver for more than the high end most expierenced.

biturbo is easily one of my favorite pipes. and i've ridden LOTS of different pipes on my bike. leovincie is shit. stock for the win.

I ran a leovince on my 104 for awhile. It sounded less cool and slowed me down (but it looked sweet).

Ben Van Zoest /

Eric, you seem to know more abou these d... france peds than everyone else. I found to go fast is to tie it to a car bumper.

seriously stock pipe is better than that leo cobra, anyone try it for real yet???, creature david did, it was no faster ,stripped his cylinder, was louder, and looks shitter (opinion) than the stock pipe did.

biturbo way better

I know nothing about french mopeds.

or mopeds of any kind for that matter!

I am running one right now. It seems to have a little more throught the middle and added a couple to the top end. Custom mod to the mounts should prevent stripping the cylinder.

nice work shay

Alright, well what pipe do you all recommend for that av7 malossi kit? Mine should be here tomorrow and I will rebuild the motor this weekend. I need a decent pipe for Red October.

THE NINJA G3!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't fuck around, or doppler if u plan to go to a 70 kit or somthing like that in the future

NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3 NINJA G3

i learned that from nate he is really cool

I know you were running that kit with the G3 but had you ever tried any other pipes with it? Did any of them compare to how the G3 performed?

I was trying to keep my moby (shitty cellphone pic of it is in my profile) kinda stock looking and obviously that G3 would stick out like a sore thumb, but a unique sore thumb in my neck of the woods.

Do you have anything positive to say about the stock av10 pipe?

that's one hell of a great shitty cell phone pic

huh? I'm a photographer by hobby, but I only shoot film. I have a decent understanding of photoshop too.

I think the Doppler pipe would be too much for that malossi kit. But I am gonna go watercooled 50cc or 70cc in due time (when I am not poor). I am still leaning to that av10 stock replacement pipe quarter kick has for sale. Unless it just really sucks.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account