honda express exhaust: speed holes?

awhile back I read something, maybe on expresslymopeds or MRA, I can't remember now, but anyway it was something to the effect of, rather than cutting the whole express exhaust in half and gutting all that shit out, you can achieve the same results by drilling a few well-placed holes in it that I suppose would relieve some of the pressure around the restrictions..

anyway, does anyone else remember seeing or doing this? I have a spare exhaust for my NU50 and I'd like to try it out, and hopefully have it pushing 35mph in time for the sacto rally. either that or im gonna cut the header off and weld a pitbike exhaust onto it, one or the other.

Re: honda express exhaust: speed holes?

bump

my honda express has holes just like that but i cant get it going that fast yet. i will take a picture

Don't bother trying to hop up your express. Be happy with 25mph. When you start trying to do performance work on it, the reliabilty goes way down, speaking from experience. I have a custom expansion chamber for an express if you want it. You'll need to upjet a little, but it will bring you to 33-35mph(speed trap verified)

how much you want for the expansion chamber? I've seen plenty of instances of hopped-up Urban Expresses, and indeed if you're not careful about it there's plenty of ways it'll be less reliable. That said, I'm not doin this to my daily driver; I have a couple extra bikes that I want to hop up just for the sake of doing it, that will generally not see more than 20 miles per month of actual riding.

hmm, I made it for a 1980 express, I don't know if they have the same pipe as the urban express. It's got a few small holes(pin sized) from where my amateur welding didn't seal up perfectly, and no silencer... although I coule make one in a couple days. I'll sell it for $15 plus shipping, or $20 if you want the silencer and if you're paypal-ing me then add $2 to cover paypal fees. If you want to send me your stock pipe, I can make one that will for sure fit your bike(and my welding is much better now) And I can tune it to whatever rpm you want.

If you want me to make one, measure the diameter of your rear wheel including tire and tell me how fast you want to go(realistically) and I can make you a pipe for like $50 plus shipping both ways.

I attached a pic of the pipe

-Chad

1189392552_expresspipeclose.jpg

tell you what,

I will gladly give you the $25 + shipping + paypal for that pipe with the silencer on it (if I understand this deal correctly) as I have a 78 express to mount it to, and depending how that goes, I may comission you for a pipe for my Urban Express as well... shoot me an email and we'll work out the details.

also upon further consideration, that looks to my eye like it'd fit my Urban Express just fine, i'll try it on both bikes and report back.

Would something like this work on a Honda Hobbit. I'm trying to make my PA50II go 35mph. Right now, it goes about 25, I'm guessing. Anything would be an improvement, and exhaust seems like the first step. But I don't want to have to modify ports just yet.

this thread is two years old, i realize, but this kind of thing is just what im looking for. My NC50 currently does 26-28 on flat land, but I'd feel much safer if I could keep up better with the @35 traffic where I normally ride it.

check my thread i've got going right now. i have a stock nc50 but i'm gonna bolt a pipe from treatland on there first (and upjet if necessary) but i'm also gonna put a new carb on before too long.... i will be posting my progress as I go.

Speed holes are in the muffler belt section of the auto parts store right?

Searching the site hasn't turned up said thread yet giorgio, link to it?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account