Re: give up?, puch 2sp polini, no low, rpm related

Graham Motzing /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

david,

the polini's are chromed bore kits, so they can barely be honed once. the chrome is like, on the order of micrometers thick, so i'm guessing its all chewed off from the honing and the rings aren't seating. bikes with poor ring seal can still be really fast at top end. a lot of machine shops can get the cylinder sent out to be rechromed, then a new set of rings will be all you need for that polini to be better than new. you can check for sure by running a compression test, but i had a 3-wheeler that i did the same thing to, and it will only get worse as the cast-iron rings eat more aluminum away. Take it to a machine shop, it should only cost like 20 or 30 bucks, and they'll get it chromed and put a professional hone job in it. if you really want to go all out, for like 90 they'll put nikasil in it, and it will get magic-fast.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account