DRILL OUT JET,,WHAT SIZE?

OK I am just finishing up my Airsal kit on 2003 Targa LX with technigas pipe, Ive got stock carb and got rid of oil injection. I cant find my jet assortment and its Sunday ,everyone is closed!!! The weather is perfect right now and also tomorrow Labor Day and I want to break it in..I dont have many days off

SOooo,,, What drill bit size for good all around breakin jet Im going to drill out my stock one?????

I know there are some brainiacs out there that will know this..Thanks

Re: DRILL OUT JET,,WHAT SIZE?

Ben Van Zoest /

How does it run as is now?

buy a set of micro drills and drill up 1 size, put the carb on and see how it works, keep doing this until the desired results are accomplished.

I went up one micro size and bike wont run with the airbox on. I think I compounded the problem by porting out the intake to match the reed ports and smoothed it out to a nice smooth transition down the intake port,, I also smoothed out the rough lip(from casting) on the inside of the elbow,again on the intake then I gasket port matched the exhaust. The bike studders on low end take off and again in the higher rpms. I dont know, maybe Ill buy a 15mm carb tomorrow, and a stock intake and start over..Ive got the cash just didnt want to start throwing parts at it,{{ a true mechanics nightmare }}

As a last resort, try monkeying with a little air intake restriction. Starting with none at the end of whatever you're using to "filter" and then restrict it by very tiny amounts between rides. I know this can do wonders to smooth out high rpm roughness sometimes on an otherwise perfectly tuned ped. Worth a try anyway when nothing is open this weekend for your other needs.

So my 2 stroke tunning isn't as good as my 4 stroke but i clearly remember that porting is fine but polishing like you said you did will mess up tubarlance and turbalance is one of the ways the air fuel mixter gets mixed together, So that could be some of your problem, I could also be totally wrong. If it was studdering hard at low end does it smell like gas if so you are running rich so drilling out wont help just make it worse.

I would try and look into stock intake and carb since that is prob part of the problem.

I put dellorto 15/15 and new intake on It screams just fine now!!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account