phbg

so I know how annoying it is when someone asks the same question that's been answered a thousand times before... but I have searched a little and not found an answer to this so...

Is there a manual or explanation of all the jets and adjustable features of the phbg? Is it in english?

-Joel

Re: phbg

... and of course fifteen minutes later i find a diagram of all the components in english. What a jackass.

but seriously, if anyone has any experience with this carb and could tell me about it... that would be nice.

Can you link it here? I'd like to take a look myself.

i think its on the ducati site

Getting the thing going on my peugeot was pretty easy for some reason. I only thing that needed changing out is the main jet.

If you poke around Vespa/Lambretta tuning sites, you'll find a couple good run troughs on how to jet a multijet carb. Other than the fact they can shift gears, its pretty much the same thing.

better view of the parts, but without the descriptions:

http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/dellorto/frames/Diagram/PHBGexplviewLg.htm

I've been told that the pilot jet on these carbs is too big for a polini the way they come. any idea where to buy pilot jets?

Pilot jets you have to buy from the UK. Well, you can buy them in the US, but they want $12 each. Fuck that. I have some. Wasted my money. Don't waste yours.

The stock 45 pilot jet is fine for 50-70cc engines.

You basically have 3 adjustments:

Float height

Main Jet

Needle height

Adjust them in that order!

You can buy needles for it from europe, but it's a waste of time it's a moped for christ sake.

I have the 21mm PHBG on mine. Love it.

I've got a mikuni VM24 flatslide that is super sexy, but haven't tried it yet.

how does one adjust float height?

puch pinto type. ported 65cc metrakit, 21mm phbg, bing filter, tecno estoril, needle (leanest) 35 idle jet, 83 main jet. Bogs off the line and i think it could use a higher jet for WOT. I've tried lots of combos with various larger jets best so far. Prepare for a headache for optimal jeting. Is Anyone else have a similar setup - what jets?

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

usually, to adjust float height you just bend the metal piece it hinges on, but i do not know with this carb.

If I recall correctly the phbg has a metal tab on the float. You bend it slightly to adjust it.

I think this is silly but this has simplified 19mm phbg tuning tips in PDF form, starting at page 23.

vic- yo yeah I dunno I just got my 20mm phbg going on my garelly with polini, and I must say yes they do come too rich. Mine came with a 96 main and it runs all garbally at full throttle, I cant get it to whine like it should. Its definately cause there is too much fuel in the mix. IDKY but from previous reading I got the impression I would need to upjet to somewhere around 104, ohh no way, from the looks of everything so far I gotta jet down everything, I'm about to mess with the mix screw to see if I can get it ti idle and not bog so bad when I do twist the throttle. Tuning these bad boys is a clusterfuck for me right now, I have no idea whats going on.

when i was running a 19mm on my 86cc everyone said i was probably gonna be running about 110 jet it actually ended up quite a bit smaller.

hey just bringing this thread back to life to see if anyone can help me here.

im running a 75cc metrakit on a 2 speed puch engine with a rubber connection type 21mm phbg and a biturbo exhaust. a couple of months ago i lost the whole entire top ,slide, needles and all the retainers. now that i want to buy those parts back i cant find out what the proper size slides and needles i need. i bought this carb from 1977 mopeds. can anyone give me advice on this. i have never tuned a multijet carburetor. i was running a 110 jet and i had to keep the choke on to run right. on top of that i would lose power anywhere above 3/4 throttle. lamee. i assumed i didnt need the lower jets so i sold all of those too. can anyone help me with what slide needle and jets i need please? can you also point me in the direction of pilot jets. i have no clue how they work.. i would really like to get my bike running in perfect condition. thanks for the help

resurrection!

im running a 65cc metrakit, 4p homoet and 19mm phbg with a 86 jet.

88 was bogged like hell at full but KILLED off the line. 84 was ok off the line and was pretty good at full throttle.

got an 86 now. its bogs off the line but is pretty rad at full. anyone else have this issue before? what did you do?

for dellorto parts call moped-cafe or check their website they will be able to help you get any part for a dellorto.

sachs Athena 80cc, biturbo, 19mm phbg 100 main jet, needle the richest(lowest setting) idle screw out far, air screw 3 turns out from all the way in

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account