A55 engine

i have heard good and bad reviews about this engine and about newer mopeds with this engine. i just want to hear some reviews from anyone. anything i should know?

Re: A55 engine

no problems so far.

Best stock engine I've felt on a Tomos.

are they rev limited?

scuba..... not to my knowlegde, i know the old a35 cdi auto retarded at super high rpm

i also heard that you can use a35 mods on the a55. any examples?

the a55 performs extremely well stock. its a bit trickier than the a35 to mod tho, because there isnt much specially made for it yet.

there is a a55 kit as well as a technigas exhaust

all a35 parts will bolt right on as far as the cylinder goes

once you have the a35 cylinder, all exhausts and intake will work

Thanks man

Airsal makes a brand new piston port kit for the a55 engine, you can find it at www.heeters.com i hear the technigas next pipe is 'bitchin' i cant wait for it to come in the mail, mopedshop.com is so slow!, 1977 has a another exhaust, speed sprockets, hi flow air filters, and bigger main jets and idle jets for the new delorto carb that comes on the new engine.

i heard thru the grape vine it was rev limited but i have no idea how to by pass the cdi, cut a wire i heard, i dunno i think its a rumor

im on a TOMOS Streetmate R 2008 model

ive revved my 07 sprint with the ported metra 80, giant carb etc... pretty high, never had a rev limiting experience

on my 05 spring there is not a rev limiter, but an auto retard at about a million rpm

MopedCafe has sold a lot of A55 bikes, and I haven't noticed a rev limiter on any of these bikes. However, I did have a 05 Streetmate that seemed to retard at about 9500RPM.

MopedCafe also has the Technigas pipe and the Airsal. We haven't done a complete tuning (as in carb, intake, pipe and kit) yet, but the kit performs very well as a bolt on with the "European" pipe installed. Ran a 68 jet, I believe.

the a35 exaust will not simply bolt on reguardless what cylinder you put on, it needs to have a piece made so that it will reach the exaust mount bracket. same with the technigas for the a55, it doesnt quite fit perfectly.

Yea, we use a 3 inch bolt with rubber spacers. It took some trial and error before we realized we needed to dampen the vibration from the exhaust pipe itself.

is there anything else i might need to know?

I got a question on both A35 and A55 . Are they both kickstart only or do they both have pedals???

they are both kickstart but you can pedal them too

i think he is referring to the kickstart models with no pedals, just footrests, depending on which state u live in, kickstart only, no pedals is an option

The A3, A35, and the A55 were all available with either pedals or kick start and pegs.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account