need to know tomos a35 specs

2-speed a35 tomos 2005.

what is the stock jet size?

How do I derestrict the air intake?

Will I want a bigger jet size when I derestrict?

I have a biturbo exhaust, what does that mean?

If I'm making all of these modifications will my transmission be fine with the higher speeds/more power?

what are the sprocket sizes?

would I ever want to change sprocket sizes? and what's the benefit?

a lot of questions, but these are my unanswered questions after pouring over the wiki, forums and articles..

Re: need to know tomos a35 specs

so this air filter cover has a hole that is partially closed, if I drilled it out and made it a full circle, would that do me any good as far as letting more air in? and if I did it to much I could just cover it back up, right?

1187422135_dscn00980001.jpg

yep

John Joedicke /

53 OEM jet, drill or file out the filet in the tube. rejet to 57/58 with BiTurbo or any other pipe. Clutch where isn't a factor till you kit it.

What is the stock jet size?

#53 is stock, but if your bike has a biturbo it should have a larger jet already, probably something like #57. If not it may be necessary to up-jet.

How do I derestrict the air intake?

Drill out the obstruction in the breather tube.

Will I want a bigger jet size when I derestrict?

In most cases yes.

I have a biturbo exhaust, what does that mean?

The biturbo is an entry level expansion chamber exhaust.

If I’m making all of these modifications will my transmission be fine with the higher speeds/more power?

Yes, it will be perfectly fine.

What are the sprocket sizes?

26 teeth in the front and 22 teeth in the rear.

Would I ever want to change sprocket sizes? and what’s the benefit?

Changing the gearing can gain you a few miles per hour at the cost of acceleration or the other way around.

About jetting.

Many things affect the jetting which makes it impossible to recommend the exact jet. Altitude, temperature, and humidity all affect the jetting. This means your going to have to figure out the correct jet for your bike/location on your own.

John Joedicke /

57/58 should be fine where you are in Indianna.

wow, seriously this is so exciting to finally feel empowered to get my ped hauling ass! one last question. when I'm drilling out the obstruction in the air tube breather, do I want to just cut off the entire thing or just bore out the obstruction?

John Joedicke /

Just bore it out.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account