puch engine on a tomos

is this easily done?? bolt up? i think an e50 is slightly wider than the a35 and 55 engines but not sure.

has anyone done it? any info is apericiated

Re: puch engine on a tomos

Yes, the puch engines are a bit wider. If you weld a new set of mounts on it should be downhill from there. You might also be able to bend the stock mounts outwards and just cut away the offending metal and not have to do any welding. The chain line is similar so thats not a big issue. I thought about it at one time but it felt like a downgrade.

if you do it. you HAVE to put mb5 suspension and wheels on it since your pedal shaft with be useless anyway. its very easy to put a mb5 swingarm on a puch. you just cut the left side big hunk of metal off the pedal shaft area and use that as your swingarm mount.

I think he wants to put a PUCH engine on a TOMOS frame, Harold. Not the other way around.

i have a trick to fit wider cylinders onto narrower case bolt configurations. It involves adding a millimeter or two width to the case gaskets. Its success depends on the engine. I've only tried it on laura m48 cases so i dont know about tomos engines. But that is a way to extend the bolt spacings without any permanent fabrication. Worth a thought, might work, might not.

oh shit, nevermind... i thought you were asking a completely different question.

well i guess i'll just give it ago, or try and sorce a good tomos bottomend, i got everything but the bottom end and rims, i amssuming puch rims will fit on.

thx

i need to get some new pics of my magnum with mb5 shit.it handles and rides good,itd=s just heavy as fuck.

you should keep going with a puch motor on a tomostomos motors on puch frames are the new track bike

gay is the new straight

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account