rockin my Michelin 17-2.3/4

this tire works great in the front!

sava 17-1/4 rear

1187372775_michelin_23_45.jpg

Re: rockin my Michelin 17-2.3/4

That is a great tire did you install it on a 17" rim ?

Where did you purchase it?

its on a stock 17in puch rim.

i got it from 1977.

this tire grips the road even does well on gravel,i was surpised because i though a street tire would slide out in gravel

I _hate_ wider tires up front, with smaller in the back.

yah looks dumb with the skinny on the back

It's not even the way it looks that I don't like. Ever tried riding a bicycle with a wide tire up front, and skinny in the back? It handles like SHIT!

I'm all for wide tires, but not only up front.

Wide in the back, skinny up front is totally rad(think sport bike), handles way better!

can anyone tell me why handling is different? my personnal preference would be all wide or wide back skinnier front but what works best and why?

i would like to run 18 front 16in rear .

personally i like a little rake.the bigger front tire make the front light end .makes it easy to pop up over bump,holes etc....the roads are bad here,the allies are worse.when i had the skinny tires on,the ride was very rough,now its smooth with the bigger tire.

i tried fat tires front and back ,it was great for going staight and felt nice on the bumps.

i switched back to 2-1/4 rear because i like the feel ,to me its makes my ped loose and i have much more control while drifting.

its not that i like the skinny tire in the rear .

actually i would like to run 17-2.50 semi slick but i cant find one so im stuck useing the 17-2,1/4 sava for now.

the set up i want would be 18-2.75 front and 16-2,75 rear.

around here you never knonw when your gonna hit some gravel and go into a nice long drift! ye haw!

racing BMX'ers consistantly run wide up front skinny out back for traction in turns while still keeping minimal weight in the driveline. Mopeds have small engines, consider it. But yea it looks wack, no offense coco

lol it do look kinda wack in the pic ,i kinda shot for some distortion to make the front tire look huge.

It's totally a personal preference. I don't like it, some others may. I'm not saying it's wrong, just not for me.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account