Re: Case Induction - mission accomplished

elliot, I was going to post the same thing. The biggest advantage of case induction is that you can has crazy 7 port kits like mobys and hobbits. I don't see a huge advatage To this when you run a regular puch kit. This set up is really only beneficial when using a scooter kit. Just my opinion. Make it happen Paz.

mmmmmm 80cc metra case induction

WTG Paz! Very cool. It looks so weird, cuz I'm not used to seeing something like that, but it works. Again, good job. Brent

Was out in the garage and decided to take apart the adapter plate to get some good photos for you to see everything.

Here is the machining that was done to the case. mainly the pourpuse of this was to remove the curved section of the crankcase. The curved section would have made it next to impossibly to make an addapter plate (that was removable) air tight. 4 holes are drilled and tapped into the case to hold the plate on.

Here is the corresponding side of the adapter bracket.

Here is the top of the polini 4 pedal reed cage mounts up. The profile was roughed in and then cleaned up to give good flow through to the crankcase.

i just sold my case inducted non fan cooled minarelli on a beautiful safari.....that was a bad idea.eh?

nice. what did you use to grind down the case perfetly flat?

The work was done on a vertical milling machine.

why do you need the adapter plate .sorry im just trying to figure this stuff out ,i really want to do this

In order to elevate the 4 pedal reed cage to provide clearance for the carb. Most people use the method talked about in the wiki, using aluminum putty. Instead the spacer was made out of aluminum. Technically if I build a block off plate for the opening in the case I could run the motor without the case induction.

I build a proof of concept using the puch polini 2 pedal reed and 15mm intake. I used the aluminum puddy and it worked out fine.

ok im getting it now ,when i was looking at the pic i could not see the depth of feild ,it looked flat.

ok the last pic i see 8 hole which i can understand but on pic #3 i only see 6 holes, i dont understand why the holes dont go all the way through

only 4 of the holes need to go through. The reason 6 of them do is due to the fact that that side of the addqpter braket is shorter. There are 4 small bolts (the ones with the recessed holes) that hold the bracket to the case. Then there are 4 holes that are drilled and tapped to accept the bolts from yhe 4 pedal reed cage.

Hope that helps explane things.

Man that's awesome

It's really a beauty, with excellent throttle response. I think you are really onto something here. Good luck with the project. Larry

Oh my GOD.

Dan Webber Kastner /

Just wait till v2.0 is debuted at the rally...

Tommy if preliminary testing is any indication, your in for another challenger the 70mph cup.

fap fap fap.

im kind of curious now. could you take an open port puch cylinder and add a 3rd open transfer? how could i seal off the intake/add the material for he 3rd transfer? would that aluminum putty hold up to the high temps of the hug?

paz? elliot? anyone?

That has actually been on my list of things to do.

As you saw in the video I just put a plate over the intake. After about a week of running I pulled the plate off. The area under the plate was dry, I figured if there was and turbulence created by the open ports some gas would have gotten up there and there would be an oily residue as a result. I'm thinking that milling another port into an open port style cylinder would be the quickest way to add a 3rd transfer port. I honestly don't think the epoxy would even be necessary. Some dutch tuners make a little metal plug that fits the shape of the piston port, and bolts to the stock intake mounts up top.

oooh, i see. so make a metal plug for it, then i could just dremel in a 3rd open transfer port. do you think that would even give that much of a performance gain on a ported stock cylinder? this might be my next project....if i can find a bike to put on, lol.

nice. does gasket maker work on milled surfaces? i seem to be having a problem with my milled intake and gasket sealer. nice work

I'm ready to hand the fairing over paz. I dont know if the metra has another 70 mph run left in her. She gettin old and tired and needs some new impossible to find rings. But she'll still hold 67 all day. Which makes me plenty happy.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account