Case Induction - mission accomplished

The Performance Tuning section has been a little dry as of recently. This and Peter's sick motobecane should help to spice things up a bit.

So here ya go.

<embed style="width:400px;height:326px;" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-7993069844050480309&hl=en"; id="VideoPlayback" align="middle" quality="best" bgcolor="#ffffff" scale="noScale" salign="TL" FlashVars="playerMode=embedded"></embed>

Just finished building the test engine to see if it would work or not.

Right now it's just a polini a crank and CDI there is no clutch and no drive shaft. I wanted to see the thing run before worrying about the details. And Run it dose! Good throttle response ( I am assuming that some of that is due to the large amount of rotating mass that is not connected to the engine at the moment) and no air leaks on the hose connecting the carb to the intake or from the block off plate on the polini.

Looks like I am bringing a polini to Seattle again. I do not think that there is enough time to get this case opened up to accept the 80 Metra and get it tuned right before next week. Gives me more time to work on the rigid, something tells me I will need to work on my brakes...

I'll post some high quality photos when I am getting the engine ready to go on the bike.

Re: Case Induction - mission accomplished

I WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABIES!!!!!!!

Did you make that case induction E50 with your IPHONE?

That thing does everything right?

Nice.

Holy shit dude. That is sick. I still owe you cash, were you guys meeting monday?

ridiculously sick

that intake plate is that the final design? it sounded like you were gonna do something more permanent to it.

Daniel we are at the castle monday (intern's last monday night). I will be there with 80cc power or polini in tow.

Mark - not sure yet. Might make another one so it looks nicer... Also this case might wind up using another (non reed valve top end) that way I can run it with a reed valve and a phbg.

Very cool. Sounds nice too.

Genius !!!

Well If you can do that to an E-50 I'd be willing to bet I could do it to a 505 or 504. I would love to see close ups of how you mated the reed cage deal and the case. Did this idea involve any welding? My ideas have...

If you ever did that to a 505 or a 504 you'd have big problems getting a carb+filter in there. It'd probably wind up like the PA50 taking 1 hour just to clean the float bowl. You _could_ have it angle towards the front of the bike sitting on top of the cylinder though. Sounds like a good project.

That E50 sounds and looks awesome by the way. How many hours did you put into it?

its a bird,a plane....

Its Capt. Obvious!

Re: its a bird,a plane....

dude, thats fucking awesome!

Re: its a bird,a plane....

paz i love you,

amazingly good work, can't wait to see it in person

HOLY CRAP!!!

Brian Mikami /

Killer! Sounds crisp too...

nice work chris, Im really looking forward to seeing this in seattle, hope you get it together by then.

tis truly fantastic work. but how did you attach it to the case? machine the surface and tap holes or something crazy, and I guess you machined the reed mount out of a solid block or something right? I mean, wow

ground a hole into the case, slightly behind and on top of the crank webs, i presume, using the polini 4 petal reed block as the manifold system

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I build a test engine with the original 2 pedle reed and 15mm intake. I used 2 tubes of aluminum puddy to build a flat platform for the intake to sit on. Then I just drilled out a cavity through to the crankcase.

In this version the case has actually been machined flush to accept a plate. The 4 pedal reed valve is then mounted to that plate.

i need to apologies for not taking pictures when I had the case split I was in a hurry to get it mounted to the rigid for this Monday nights ride. I'll pull the intake assembly off some time this week to get some photos and also snap a few of the prototype.

Are you and Bret going to engineering school together by any chance.

sick homie!!!!

I'm a liberal arts grad, and Paz is a Banker. akes you think we might have missed our cfalling, doesn't it?

I think that Indian Larry said once that if you love doing something, keep doing it and the money will come later.

Besides engineering pays well, there is a shortage of engineers, no shortage of bankers. Mortgages are an ugly business to be in these days, too many companies going under due to defaults.

What has this case induction gained you in performance? Thanks, Larry

nothing. i blasted him last night.

Good God that is awesome.

Great Work!

Justin

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account