kreidler intake

Is there any place to get a larger than stock Kreidler intake?

If not, is there something I can rig up to make work?

kreidler intake

one year later bump

Re: kreidler intake

I recommend that you cut a stock intake at the elbow, sharpen the edges off and use a piece of rubber to connect the carb to the intake. When my buddy was building his, we found this small piece of copper pipe that fit perfectly for connecting the carb to the rubber hose. You sharpen the edges so that when you attach the rubber hose, the internal meeting point of the intake and the rubber is somewhat flat, flush, continuous, whatever. You just want good flow within the intake, no bumps or edges, the rubber should be tight enough to meet the sharpened edge without making a hump - this may be achieved with the right size rubber hose plus a clamp. The stock intake is quite large when you get to the bend, so it is possible to get something like 15-17mm equivalent after modification.

THAT'S AWESOME!

I was actually talking today about cutting it in half and having it welded to a 15mm puch intake or something.

That is definitly the direction in which I am headed though.

I forgot to meantion, he goes 40. Pretty good considering hes only using a 14mm carb, this intake setup, and a puch circuit exhaust, no other mods.

did the puch pipe mount up ok, or where there a lot of mods involved?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account