QT50 performance carbs

Does anyone know if a bolt on, larger carb exists for the QT50?

Re: QT50 performance carbs

I'm in the process of finding out right now, I ordered a Mikuni 18mm off ebay and we're gonna see what it takes to make it work I'll keep you posted

12mm gotta be kinda weak sauce on the 60 kit huh.

I have it running pretty well, but I am curious as to options for possible future modifications. The engine never seems to really reach it's peak RPM.

hey how did the carb work?

Just got it in the mail yesterday plan on tinkering with it this weekend

have you tinkered with it yet???????????/

kinda, I had to order a new throttle cable cuz the stock one is too short and Id perfer to have a back up before i start tacking bits of insulation off of the one I have and I'm messing with one of its breather ports to make it an oil injection port. the plastoc "O" ring has to be replaced with one that fits better ior it will snap the clamp. I'll probably just replace it with some PVC pipe I did bolt it on for a minute and it did run and ible; when I yanked on the throttle cable it did accllerate like all getout maby 2/3 faster that the stock carb and thats without any fine tuneing.

was this 50cc? did you have to change any jets?

bump.

Why Not a Trizinger Carb?

---------------- LaZer ------------* /

I was going to use a Trizinger Carb on mine. I'm not sure what the DIA is on it, but it definitely not the same carb as the QT50.

Re: Why Not a Trizinger Carb?

bump

dellorto 15.15 fits, no problem... Still gotta jet it.

sooooo......does anyone know if you have to re-jet a vm18 on a stock QT50? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

I have a qt 50 and i had to rejet it to like a 75 i think to get it running after porting but this thing still will not realy rap out all the way like i think it should . I am thinking i might just sale it. It all ways starts and runs good . But """ i think it is for sale now i am just going to make the Tomos hall ass. so if you know any one that might want it it let me know i am in Kansas city

yes you can run the vm 18 and yes you need to rejet, my friend is running 60 kit, reeds, pw gears, high flow filter, vm18, rechambered head, jemco pipe, high stall clutch springs mixing his gas, and he runs a 70 in his, so rejet o eigther a 70 or 72.5 depending on what your climate is, he had all that done and was pulling solid 45 cruising and maxed out at 50,

Can someone explain the difference of running a stock carb vs. a VM18 if the jets being utilized are the same size?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account